Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 08, 2015
Teachers have too many students without enough help. No classes that I knew of had aides.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
Central is an environment that pushes the kids hard and doesn't give them a break. How do you develop compassion, caring, and empathy in such an environment?

Central Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2015
The teachers are excellent but the school is woefully understaffed. The class sizes are high and there are no teacher aides to help. The few playground monitors don't speak good English and they are brusk and grumpy with the kids. I can see that this school would be great IF they had more staff. But the administration just keeps repeating "we don't have the money" and "we're already over budget". So sad, just give up because we can't really afford to do things right? That doesn't fly with me. I'm not going to put my young children through that. On a side note, my experience at this school has actually made me reconsider the benefits of getting rid of school district employee pensions, and that's saying a lot because I have always supported that kind of thing. But it's not worth it when you put kids through what my kid went through at Central.

Central Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2011
I cannot wait until this year is over so I can switch my kids school. The teachers are great!!!! The office clerks are rude! I do not know what it is with all these office clerks being rude to people. Too much bullying and kids doing bad things! The teachers is the only great thing they have!

Posted November 05, 2008
I love this school, I had a kinder and preschooler. They had the best teachers and my kids loved to go to school. Unfortunately we moved and we miss the school terribly.

Central Elementary School 5

Posted December 29, 2005
I am a teacher at central elementary in national city and am overwhelmed by the awesome people, programs, and practices in place here. Since the administration at the school changed in august 2004, things have been improving all over the place. Students and families are seeing how by working together, respectfully, and patiently - we can make not just academic, but social changes, as well. The school is filled with intelligent, caring, and dedicated people - students, parents, and teachers alike. National city sometimes gets a bad rap, that it's in a 'bad' part of town. Well, I would just like to say that this school has more going for it than other 'good' schools I've worked at that are in 'better' neighborhoods and when I have my own children - they will come to school at central because they will get to, it's that awesome of a place!

933 E Avenue, National City, CA  91950-3416
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top