Bad
Good

Posted June 26, 2014
If you want your son/daughter to have an absolute wonderful and amazing high school ezperience, please send them to Sweetwater. I went to Sweetwater all four years and do not regret anything I did. The teachers are really fun, nice and easy to relate to. Do not let the rumors mess with the truth. Our teachers do care and from a mutal effort, more seniors graduate with each passing year. From personal experience, Sweetwater has helped me grow as a person, a student and a young adult. The AP classes are interesting, helping those who seek knowledge gain enlightenment ( make sure to take AP Literature w/Ms. Hall; its totally worth all the work! :D ). All in all, sweetwater is not just a school, its a family. Your sonand daughter will definitely thank you for sending them to a place where they are accepted for who they are. -Class of 2014 #Donne

Posted June 05, 2011
I had an amazing four years at Sweetwater High School, best four years of my life an definitely the most memorable. All of my AP and Honors teachers are the best teachers I've ever met and had, they always help and stay in school for countless hours to help and assist their students, no matter the subject all the teachers stay after school to help. The teachers expected nothing less than the best from us, they always had high expectations from us and if they were not met they would make sure to help us in order to do better the next time around. Sweetwater without a doubt has teachers that care and want the best for us, their students, no matter where we come from or who we are they tell us we can do the same if not better than students from any other area in the country even if they have money, both parents or even a better school in that case. The parents are the best, whenever it is asked for them to help they are there and are active in the schooling of their children. The principal is new but he sure is great, for once there is a principal that cares far more about academics rather than sports, this will make Sweetwater a greater school than it's ever been before. SUHI rocks!!

Posted May 09, 2011
Someone wrote that Sweetwater High School is one of the best kept secrets in the SUHSD, and I agree. I have been a substitute teacher at this school, and I find the students to be friendly and cooperative. The teachers who are there really care about the students. Many of them have taught their whole career at Sweetwater and are committed to the students and the community. SUHI has tradition like no other school is the district.

Sweetwater High School 4

Posted March 10, 2011
The counselors at this school are great! Mr. Melendrez is understanding and cares about the students. The only problem I have is with the office clerk I think her name is Ronda. Please Sweetwater get a new attendance clerk! She is rude. She acts like you are wasting her time. When I need to go in there for something I cringe of just having to deal with her!

Sweetwater High School 1

Posted August 31, 2008
terrible school. My kids went to Granite Hills and transferred to Sweetwater HS 2 years ago and I am ver disappointed with the office staff and communication as a whole with this school. I like the teachers but office staff is very unprofessional. Bad! Not just one person either. I have encountered problems with many office personnel.:(

Posted June 27, 2008
Sweetwater is a fantastic school with deep community roots and a rich tradition of excellence - and it's only getting better. As of this year, SUHI has entered the top 10% of California schools. We're making history in National City!

Posted June 04, 2008
I graduated from this school in 2004. I loved the school, and the teachers are super nice and teach great. I am proud to say that I am a Red Devil. SUHI!!!

Posted February 20, 2008
this school is the best school ever this school made my child a proud hard working man as well as a proud RED DEVIL

Posted November 29, 2007
I'm a parent of six kids who have all graduated from Sweetwater High School. This school is one of the best kept secrets in the South Bay. The pride and tradition are strong at this 80+ year-old school. As for the rumor of a 36% graduation rate, I think you're sadly mistaken. I have attended Senior Awards Assemblies and graduation ceremonies for 15 years straight and the results are quite the opposite! These type of rumors can make or break people's perception of a school. I, for one, am very grateful for the education that my kids received at Sweetwater High.

Posted September 27, 2007
This is a great school for my daughter to go to, because the teacher are great.

Sweetwater High School
2900 Highland Avenue, National City, CA  91950-7415
Last modified Sweetwater High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.