No rating

San Diego Academy

Private | K-12 | 312 students

Living in National City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,240.

Posted August 13, 2013

To sum it up in one word. Prejudice. Tip to teachers: "difficult" students are individuals who want/need to be reached out to. Please take the time to work with them, no matter how discouraged you get. Don't give up on us. --Student left behind

Posted July 9, 2013

I had a friend who had sent her 3 kids to SDA for years. She had to take them out for unknown reasons. She told me that she looked into so many other private schools and none of them came close to offering what SDA did for the price it charged. It was less than all other private schools of that size. She ended up going with public school but had been very positive at that time about SDA quality, service, and teachers.

Posted July 9, 2013

I went to San Diego Academy for 13 years, grades K-12 (by choice, not by force). Looking back on my years there, I can honestly say that I have made lifelong friendships with not only my classmates, but also my teachers. While SDA is a small school, I think it is actually a positive because you feel like you are with a second family. Because San Diego Academy has positive role models as teachers and have Bible classes, I have grown spiritually and have grown closer to God. Thank you for all you have done in my life, SDA! Keep up the great work! -Former student

Posted July 8, 2013

I've lived in the community for sometime now, and have only seem positives from this school. There is a caring, family atmosphere on campus, and it is clear the faculty cares. I have seen graduates move on to do great things, and become responsible members of society. I fully recommend this school.

Posted July 6, 2013

I have nothing but praise for this school! It stands out as truly one of the greatest schools I have e ER been privileged to have known. My experience over the past 10 years here have been nothing short of fantastic! I highly recommend it to all of my friends, and in it you to come and visit our school. I say our school because it really feels like ours! There is a warm family feeling between students and teachers. I have always felt valued and accepted. I know that whenever you 300 students together there will be times with disagreements, but I have found the teachers honestly try their best to help build an atmosphere of trust and friendship. It is truly a great school

Posted June 21, 2013

I agree with the latest review. I attend this school as a student, and all of the teachers favor popular students over the rest. I think the only classes I've learned anything useful from were Computer and English. The school makes all these claims that aren't true. It's honestly hard to fit in if you aren't part of a 'crowd'. Don't go to this school, you're better off not wasting your money here. Most of the students say they would rather not attend this school anyway.

Posted January 2, 2011

I had some of the best teachers while attending this school. When I went to college I felt I had more knowledge than my peers in certain subjects - especially English and Math - which are core classes to complete any 4 year degree. College felt like a breeze thanks to the great education I had received at SDA. While at SDA I felt like the teachers really took an interest in my progress and offered their help if I had any trouble. One of my teachers encouraged me to apply for private scholarships in order to be able to pay for my college education - of which I received plenty to cover my first 2 years of college. I will always be thankful to SDA for having such a great impact in my education!

Posted March 31, 2010

Currently I am attending San Diego Academy and found the school to be an excellent place to grow spiritually and academically. I love the highschool activities and family atmosphere. The atmosphere is very trusting and i enjoy the feeling of being safe. The teachers are great. The small classes help develop a one-on-one relationship with the teachers, which i enjoy because it helps me realize that i'm not simply a number waiting in line, but a student who needs attention.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 2, 2009

I currently attend San Diego Academy, and its the best decision I've ever made. I have grown academically, as well as spiritually.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 30, 2005

My 3 children attend San Diego Academy (grades K, 2nd and 5th). I find the staff at San Diego Academy from Principal, to Front office staff and teachers to be outstanding! San Diego Academy is a K-12 private Christian school with a wonderful music program with dedicated music teachers for all 12 grades. This year K-9 grades presented the musical 'Annie Jr.' with raving success! I have found the elementary teachers to be wonderfully kind and loving, besides being outstanding in academics. The teachers take personal interest in each child and class size is limited to 25 students. With 3 children in the elementary grades I find myself looking forward each year to the stability of low staff turnover (in otherwords, next year my youngest son will have the same fantastic 1st grade teacher as his older sister and brother before him). I'm an alumnus myself from this school!

Posted March 5, 2005

Seems OK, very serious about getting their money, wish more parents were as interested in participating as I am

Posted September 9, 2004

My children have been in this school for most of their education. The actual level of academic excellence has varied from teacher to teacher, and grade to grade. Many parents feel frustrated with the difficulty a number of students have transitioning from junior high to high school at this school, but it seems this year the staff is responding to the issue. I am glad my children have a place to go to school where there are teachers who care, and other children who believe like they do. I believe it is worth the sacrifice (if there is one) of having a teacher that may be a little less qualified on paper, for my children to be in an environment that promotes christian values, and teachers that seem to want them to succeed. I am thankful for this school!

Posted August 26, 2003

I attended this school and it was the greatest expereince of my life, because of the great expereince I had at this school I highly recommend it. It is a good place to be.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 26, 2003

The teachers are extremely dedicated. I appreciate the fact they work here at this school at a lower salary than they could make elsewhere. I also appreciate the christian atmosphere and discipline at the school. My three children have been so blessed to attend this school. The curriculum is of much higher standards than public schools and also the music program at the school is great. Praise be to God for this school which provides christian education and higher standards to young people.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 34% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Affiliation
  • Seventh-day adventist
Associations
  • GCSDAC

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2800 East Fourth Street