K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
They have never shown respect to the students since the got the new principal! He shows no respect to them cause he doesn't care about them

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
How can they teach honesty if they are not honest themselves !! They tell the student s that are not doing good that they are going to fail ! They did that toy son ! Off course I was not happy and pulled my son out !

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 19, 2015
They play favorites and only listen to kids who are "popular ". They will not help you if your not "smart " or good enough for them

San Diego Academy 1

Posted August 13, 2013
To sum it up in one word. Prejudice. Tip to teachers: "difficult" students are individuals who want/need to be reached out to. Please take the time to work with them, no matter how discouraged you get. Don't give up on us. --Student left behind

San Diego Academy 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I had a friend who had sent her 3 kids to SDA for years. She had to take them out for unknown reasons. She told me that she looked into so many other private schools and none of them came close to offering what SDA did for the price it charged. It was less than all other private schools of that size. She ended up going with public school but had been very positive at that time about SDA quality, service, and teachers.

Posted July 09, 2013
I went to San Diego Academy for 13 years, grades K-12 (by choice, not by force). Looking back on my years there, I can honestly say that I have made lifelong friendships with not only my classmates, but also my teachers. While SDA is a small school, I think it is actually a positive because you feel like you are with a second family. Because San Diego Academy has positive role models as teachers and have Bible classes, I have grown spiritually and have grown closer to God. Thank you for all you have done in my life, SDA! Keep up the great work! -Former student

Posted July 08, 2013
I've lived in the community for sometime now, and have only seem positives from this school. There is a caring, family atmosphere on campus, and it is clear the faculty cares. I have seen graduates move on to do great things, and become responsible members of society. I fully recommend this school.

Posted July 06, 2013
I have nothing but praise for this school! It stands out as truly one of the greatest schools I have e ER been privileged to have known. My experience over the past 10 years here have been nothing short of fantastic! I highly recommend it to all of my friends, and in it you to come and visit our school. I say our school because it really feels like ours! There is a warm family feeling between students and teachers. I have always felt valued and accepted. I know that whenever you 300 students together there will be times with disagreements, but I have found the teachers honestly try their best to help build an atmosphere of trust and friendship. It is truly a great school

San Diego Academy 1

Posted June 21, 2013
I agree with the latest review. I attend this school as a student, and all of the teachers favor popular students over the rest. I think the only classes I've learned anything useful from were Computer and English. The school makes all these claims that aren't true. It's honestly hard to fit in if you aren't part of a 'crowd'. Don't go to this school, you're better off not wasting your money here. Most of the students say they would rather not attend this school anyway.

Posted January 02, 2011
I had some of the best teachers while attending this school. When I went to college I felt I had more knowledge than my peers in certain subjects - especially English and Math - which are core classes to complete any 4 year degree. College felt like a breeze thanks to the great education I had received at SDA. While at SDA I felt like the teachers really took an interest in my progress and offered their help if I had any trouble. One of my teachers encouraged me to apply for private scholarships in order to be able to pay for my college education - of which I received plenty to cover my first 2 years of college. I will always be thankful to SDA for having such a great impact in my education!

2800 East Fourth Street, National City, CA  91950