Public charter
Newark, CA
Students enrolled: 1,593

Posted April 22, 2015
FAME Independent Study has been a great part of our children's success. Their teachers and staff have supported and answered our learning challenges. We are so grateful to have the flexibility of schedule along with the many opportunities to explore and learn in our surrounding community. Our kids have had the best of all worlds, one on one learning, making friends through supported activities, and just greatly encouraged in the love of learning.

Posted April 22, 2015
FAME is an awesome alternative for my child! The teachers are caring and concerned, available any time, and the curriculum is great! It would be a shame to see the charter not renewed as I believe this school offers great opportunities!

Fame Public Charter School 4

Posted April 21, 2015
Our kids are enrolled in the independent studies program so all the teaching is done at home and we meet the teacher (Zareen) every other week. She is always helpful and ensures we don't fall behind. The school could be better organized but overall we are happy with what we are getting. Definitely better than public school option.

Posted April 21, 2015
FAME is a wonderful school!!! My children have been going to FAME for a couple of months now and I've seen a huge improvement academically, socially, and behaviorally. My children were previously in public schools and I've seen my children going downhill. They were losing their morals, academic skills, social skills and most of all their self-respect. FAME is a friendly, safe and family environment. The teachers and staff are very considerate and values each student. When one of my children were having problems in school, FAME staff and teachers were there and helped handle the problems. Thank you FAME!!! Hope we get through this trial and win so FAME can continue and strive for a better future for our students, families, friends and community.

Fame Public Charter School 1

Posted November 29, 2014
This school is a disaster. Very unprofessional. The teachers are not qualified enough to teach. Kids get a lot of homework but don't learn much new things. The "teaching Arabic" is a scam- they do not teach well. Besides that, the fees are very annoying. It is better to put your kids in a public school rather than this. I advise you not to. It is a HUGE waste of time, especially the high school- how can you go off to college after high school if they aren't teaching the necessary things properly?

Fame Public Charter School 2

Posted June 22, 2013
Frame is a big shame ... I made the biggest mistake of my life putting my children in this school . It's a waste of their education time. The school is very unorganized ,the students get loads of homework , but who cares if they bring it back or not. No daily reading for homework . No control over the students bad behavior. I would rate this school a (2).

Posted June 06, 2013
I am a 2nd grade student and I love my school . the teachers are super nice !!! my teacher is Mrs. young and I love her !!! I was super happy when I came to this school . the teachers always make work fun I am an A+ student . I also love the hot lunch .
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 16, 2013
Great school for my daughter and son. The teachers are very nice and polite. The system is good. If I go back to Fremont I put my kids in fame again .. it is the best choice for me.

Posted April 01, 2013
I'm proud parent, of FAME chartered school's student. Really nice environment. A diverse culture, good study, nice and totally safe environment. For us its great school, if I compare ILM academy , a private school with $400+ / month fee.

Fame Public Charter School 4

Posted April 01, 2013
As a parent, I'm happy that my son is learning Arabic, and I would like this school to continue after fixing previous issues it had in the past. I can see some of the criticism is purely based on racist grounds, and this is the only reason this person wants to shut down this unique school in the bay area.

Fame Public Charter School
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 335, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified Fame Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fame Public Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top