Public charter
Newark, CA
Students enrolled: 1,593

Posted November 29, 2014
This school is a disaster. Very unprofessional. The teachers are not qualified enough to teach. Kids get a lot of homework but don't learn much new things. The "teaching Arabic" is a scam- they do not teach well. Besides that, the fees are very annoying. It is better to put your kids in a public school rather than this. I advise you not to. It is a HUGE waste of time, especially the high school- how can you go off to college after high school if they aren't teaching the necessary things properly?

Fame Public Charter School 2

Posted June 22, 2013
Frame is a big shame ... I made the biggest mistake of my life putting my children in this school . It's a waste of their education time. The school is very unorganized ,the students get loads of homework , but who cares if they bring it back or not. No daily reading for homework . No control over the students bad behavior. I would rate this school a (2).

Posted June 06, 2013
I am a 2nd grade student and I love my school . the teachers are super nice !!! my teacher is Mrs. young and I love her !!! I was super happy when I came to this school . the teachers always make work fun I am an A+ student . I also love the hot lunch .

Posted April 16, 2013
Great school for my daughter and son. The teachers are very nice and polite. The system is good. If I go back to Fremont I put my kids in fame again .. it is the best choice for me.

Posted April 01, 2013
I'm proud parent, of FAME chartered school's student. Really nice environment. A diverse culture, good study, nice and totally safe environment. For us its great school, if I compare ILM academy , a private school with $400+ / month fee.

Fame Public Charter School 4

Posted April 01, 2013
As a parent, I'm happy that my son is learning Arabic, and I would like this school to continue after fixing previous issues it had in the past. I can see some of the criticism is purely based on racist grounds, and this is the only reason this person wants to shut down this unique school in the bay area.

Posted March 31, 2013
Coming to the FAME was the biggest mistake my family made. We were told the school would teach our children strong cultural values and teach them to read Arabic. This was a lie at best. The school is an organizational mess. The is a huge disconnect between the principals and the teachers. No one seems to agree with the other and our children are suffering and losing out on a sound education. I won't be taking my children back to this school regardless of it being shut-down or not.

Posted February 16, 2013
The school needs fixing in terms of better teachers and a proper structure and I'm sure with the hire of qualified teachers, its an attainable goal, but the people to blame are not at the schools but at the district office. The only reason I decided to discontinue working with FAME is because of the unprofessionalism of the HR department. They are the department to go for help as an employee, but the person in charge is never available. You call, her voicemail box is full, you email her, she never replies. She seemed totally unprofessional, incompetent and full of lame excuses.

Posted November 15, 2012
The high school Arabic program needs to be scrutinized by higher authorities. To be more specific, Nahil Iriqat needs to be TERMINATED from the school - never have i seen such an individual with poor rude etc personage. Action will be takin against this woman

Posted November 02, 2012
Shame shame shame on FAME. Mr. Abdella you should be ASHAMED of your behavior. What kind of principal goes around and does this kind of nonsense. I am beyond disbelief.

Fame Public Charter School
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 335, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified Fame Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fame Public Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top