Posted August 30, 2013
My son finished his 7yrs of elementary education at Bunker, We have had a 7 great years there. We were sad to move out of bunker. All teachers are very good and nice and are approachable after or before school unlike other schools. Principal was one great leader always on the school grounds greeting. Of course office people can be little more nicer. Wish bunker families great progress and success. Thank you so much... Wish computer lab will be functional soon.

James L. Bunker Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
We are happy at Bunker but it's just an average school. If you have child that is above average or a high achiever it may be hard for the teacher to notice their need for more advance work assignments due to the large class sizes.This school offers no computer lab but this may be a district problem. We are going to try a new program next year due to our child's needs and desire to achieve more for herself than what is offered with the current California education curriculum.

Posted June 15, 2012
My daughter just completed 6th grade at Bunker. She has had a great experience there and will miss it. All her teachers have been outstanding: Ms. Street, Ms. Watters. There is alot of parent involvement in the school, everybody does their part.

Posted December 29, 2011
The teacher, principal and over all education is pretty good. This school is improving day by day.

Posted June 18, 2011
My daughter just finished her kindergarten. She had a great experience at Bunker. Her teacher is really good. We love her! She seems to know all the kids pretty well even though she has 29 kids in the classroom. She would spend extra time to work with the kids who need help. All the kids seem to behave pretty in the class too. My daughter is lucky to have a great teacher at her first year of school!

Posted January 11, 2011
When we moved to Newark 6 years ago we did not have any information regarding the NUSD or Bunker School. My child has attended Bunker, since kindergarten and we are very pleased with her development as a student and young person. We work on her home work every weekday evening and receive feed back through homework, graded assignments and report cards. We have been given the opportunity for her to receive after school help with her weaknesses. Additionally, we have always had access to her teachers and the principal. I believe all of Bunker s staff is very committed to the community and its students! Bunker is building students who have a strong foundation of the basics, a great dedication to their education and who becoming life long readers! As involved parents my husband and I could not be any happier.

Posted December 18, 2010
I think teachers and staff do a great job specially considering the economic situation of the schools. The new principal has worked, in my opinion, in a very professional way. There is a great deal of parent involvement and all parents are welcomed to become involved. My daughter went to Kindergarten and loved her Teacher and now in first grade has told me that her teacher is as nice as the Kindergarten teacher was. As usual there are disagreement among parents, some love the school and staff and some are not so happy because boundaries are set. Come to Bunker and be involved in your child's education. Bunker will be a great school for your child.

Posted October 10, 2010
This school has the highest API of all Newark schools, with a gain of 20 points for a score of 862! This is an amazing accomplishment and represents the hard work of each student, staff member, administration, and parents! Students who need help can attend interventions, and students who need to be challenged are given that opportunity as well. I'm happy to have my son at Bunker.

Posted September 02, 2010
This is my 4th year at Bunker as a parent and so far it has been very pleasant and safe for my child.I have appreciated and enjoyed the vision that our Principle has had for our school.She does have open door policy and she does make time for the parents.I have dropped by in her office.Bunker is a great school because it have great parents behind its students as well as teachers leading them.

Posted August 22, 2010
My family is new to Bunker School, and while we have no experience with the school, I'm confused by the previous post. It sounds to me like an unhappy parent attacking another post? Or is the parent attacking the webpage? I was looking forward to reading some honest to goodness reviews of the school, and not the rantings of a conpiracy theorist. I look forward to experiencing Bunker for myself, and countering these disjointed, accusatory comments as soon as possible!

James L. Bunker Elementary School
6071 Smith Avenue, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified James L. Bunker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James L. Bunker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top