423 students|Newark Unified

Bad
Good

James A. Graham Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2013
Hey don't think of it as a bad school because character is what matters the most. This school ment a lot to me. I remember how much the teachers would help me out ,there time and effort out of there busy schedule for me . Right now in this point in time I'm so glad they gave me a sense of imagination , because if I didn't have that I would have never gotten as far as I am now. I'm working as a composite materials technician, or in other words I'm working on missiles for ATK which is a pretty sweet future ahead of me. So my hat goes of to you ......

James A. Graham Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2013
Graham School performs greatly below state academic standards and with no plan for improvement is at risk being closed within 3 years.

James A. Graham Elementary School 5

Posted October 30, 2012
Graham School to me is a 5 star school. My son was attending private school prior to attending Graham School and during his time in the private school my son was not helped in any way but they were sure quick in getting their monthly tuition. Upon tranferring my son to Graham, we had meeting with the school principal in more than one occasion and the principal was very attentive to our concerns and making sure that everything was understood. We are very thankful to the office staffs, teachers and principal for making our transition easy. My son tells me that he is happy at Graham School and he likes his teachers and principal.

Posted March 16, 2011
This school might not be performing at the standards the State is requiring; but the staff and students have so much characters to be proud of. The staff are never-ending caring for the success of all students. Students are respectful, energetic, and full of learning potentials. Scores are dictative but attitude is more empowering. Graham students have the attitude to empower themselves both academically and socially.

James A. Graham Elementary School

Posted March 23, 2008
This school is so bad that two of my neighbors left town to find better schools for their children. Few of the students are at grade level; and those that are find themselves saddled with 'busy work' while the teacher tends to those who are years behind. One of my neighbors who moved here from Oakland found the school so inferior she moved her children to private school.

Posted June 20, 2007
The Pricipal at this school is outstanding, he listens plans and is very active with the children. My son is going into First Grade and I feel he has learned well.

Posted August 08, 2004
My son has attended Graham since Kindergarten, he is now going into the 4th grade. So far he has 3 great teachers and 1 that was not so great. My son is very smart and is always asking questions about everything. He has a tendency to speak out in class and most of his teachers understood this and helped in to be a little more challenged in their classes. My issue is with the school district and the vote to do away with childcare at the two lowest income area schools. My son has attended Graham childcare for 4 years also and it was a great help to have him there after school. I have heard alot of things about this Nest program and they are not all good. So where are our kids supposed to go after school? Home to be latch key children?

James A. Graham Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2003
This school has a tendency to retain instead of provide intervention.

James A. Graham Elementary School
36270 Cherry Street, Newark, CA  94560-2318
Last modified James A. Graham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.