Newark, CA

James A. Graham Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2013
Hey don't think of it as a bad school because character is what matters the most. This school ment a lot to me. I remember how much the teachers would help me out ,there time and effort out of there busy schedule for me . Right now in this point in time I'm so glad they gave me a sense of imagination , because if I didn't have that I would have never gotten as far as I am now. I'm working as a composite materials technician, or in other words I'm working on missiles for ATK which is a pretty sweet future ahead of me. So my hat goes of to you ......

Posted March 16, 2011
This school might not be performing at the standards the State is requiring; but the staff and students have so much characters to be proud of. The staff are never-ending caring for the success of all students. Students are respectful, energetic, and full of learning potentials. Scores are dictative but attitude is more empowering. Graham students have the attitude to empower themselves both academically and socially.

James A. Graham Elementary School 5

Posted October 04, 2008

James A. Graham Elementary School 0

Posted March 23, 2008
This school is so bad that two of my neighbors left town to find better schools for their children. Few of the students are at grade level; and those that are find themselves saddled with 'busy work' while the teacher tends to those who are years behind. One of my neighbors who moved here from Oakland found the school so inferior she moved her children to private school.

Posted June 20, 2007
The Pricipal at this school is outstanding, he listens plans and is very active with the children. My son is going into First Grade and I feel he has learned well.

Posted February 16, 2006

James A. Graham Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2005

Posted October 14, 2004

Posted August 08, 2004
My son has attended Graham since Kindergarten, he is now going into the 4th grade. So far he has 3 great teachers and 1 that was not so great. My son is very smart and is always asking questions about everything. He has a tendency to speak out in class and most of his teachers understood this and helped in to be a little more challenged in their classes. My issue is with the school district and the vote to do away with childcare at the two lowest income area schools. My son has attended Graham childcare for 4 years also and it was a great help to have him there after school. I have heard alot of things about this Nest program and they are not all good. So where are our kids supposed to go after school? Home to be latch key children?

Posted September 09, 2003
This school has a tendency to retain instead of provide intervention.

James A. Graham Elementary School
36270 Cherry Street, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified James A. Graham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James A. Graham Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top