Newark, CA
Before care: Yes

Louis Milani Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2014
This school is awful. From the parents to teachers you can see everyone is miserable. No communication. The principal, Mrs. Gutierrez, is unfriendly, does not speak to the kids, unapproachable, and tries to evade any parents as much as possible. My kids don't even know who she is. I asked them to point her out and they couldn't. We have been at this school for a few years and by far this is the worst year. It seemed like it was getting better last year but Milani continues it decline. It is disappointing that the school district would allow a principal to be so cold and one of its schools to decline as such. No type of support for families. The principal holds a meeting only in the mornings? What about working parents?? She constantly cancels the "English" meeting. I took time off of work one day to go to the meeting & it was canceled? ? Are you kidding? The only thing that keeps me at this school is my child has made friends here. But I am seriously considering leaving this school. The teachers are good individually but not sure if they even like each other. They don't seem to. Which adds to the poor energy around the school. If you have another option, go!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2009
I stand behind Louis Milani Elementary because they put education first for our students.

Louis Milani Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2009

Louis Milani Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted December 30, 2007
Miliani is an excellent school academically and the teacher really love their jobs and want to see our children succeed. I believe that Parental involvement is the key to a childs success.

Louis Milani Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2005
As a parent of children that attend Milani School I think its a great place and would not change anything. I have never had situtations at this school. As for the teachers I think they are great, and really enjpy their jobs. We have had some of our old activities come back like music which the kids just love. I think that was great thing for our children of Milani School to have. As for the parent involvement I do think that should be better. We need to have more parents out there that would love to give their time and support our childrens learning.

Louis Milani Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2005

Louis Milani Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2004
This school is a disater, if you value your childs education do NOT let your kids attend this school. The principal is over controlling the whole school, the help classes never get started until its to late for real help. All the teachers make dissions on grading by grade groups instead of individule child. If your child has potential to be over acheiver they will pigon hold them so the rest of the schools scores do not suffer. This school needs to rethink its standards / practices!! Are they in this for themselves to look good or in it to inspire a child willing to learn.???

Posted September 30, 2003
I feel that my children are very happy at Milani making it easier for them to learn. The teachers that my children have are excellent and take teaching to heart. There is a high level of parent involvement at Milani making it a great atmosphere for children. I cant' say enough about how great the principal and office staff are with the children. Job well done!

Posted August 18, 2003
I feel that teachers at Milani are very dedicated to the children. I feel that they go above and beyond the calling of teaching to make these children feel at ease and want to learn and want to go school. As a parent of two children attending at Milani they look forward in going to school to see their teachers, which I feel is great. If a child feels comfortable in his/her surrounding I feel that they can exceed in school. Milani proves that. Again, Milani school teachers are totally dedicated and I applaud them. As for the current principal I feel that she also goes beyond duty and keeps things in order.

Louis Milani Elementary School
37490 Birch Street, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified Louis Milani Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louis Milani Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top