Newark, CA
Before care: Yes

E. L. Musick Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2013
My daughter is in first grade and is loving school thanks to her amazing teachers who make learning fun and interesting. The new principle is great and really cares about the school community. She's visible every morning greeting students and parents. She attends various meetings and is making some positive changes at the school. This year parents are getting more involved also so that is also a positive for the school.

Posted October 23, 2013
Ms. Nordman from 3rd grade class is really awesome. She is so wonderful and my kids really enjoy going to school and learns a lot when she is their teacher:)) wish to have more Ms Nordman in Musick School Elementary.

Posted August 13, 2013
Mrs. Benton, the kindergarten teacher here at Musick is wonderful. My daughter has really thrived in her class and enjoyed everyday here. She began reading and doing Math problems that have surprised my husband and I. We are thrilled with her progress. So far we are happy with the school.

Posted July 28, 2013
I love this school a lot my daughter has learned how to read and write and spell. If i can tell the world about this school i would. The teacher is very nice and she takes her time with the students. What can i say it's a good school.

E. L. Musick Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2011
Wow.. Yeah, even based on these extremely old reviews, the status quo is alive and well at Musick. My sons are having the hardest time adjusting from a long distance move, and these teachers have fought any feedback, changes, etc tooth and nail. The4th grade teacher is totally unwilling to stop trying to label my son as mentally disabled, even though he is above average in reading - just because his handwriting isnt neat and perfect and he has had trouble with the different math paced track they are on here. My oldest is Visually Impaired, and the teacher has outright said she will not work with us to make sure we know whats going on with his work and his assignments. Supposedly, letting us know what his assignments are, is not preparing him for 7th grade. Yeah, right. :/

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted August 06, 2008
it needs more parent involmet if we whant to help our kids.

E. L. Musick Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2008
With all the budget cuts, this school still manages to keep band, sports, student council,saturday school, PTA in the school. The parents do have to stay active in order to keep the school clean and safe. 4Th grade was a disaster for my daughter poor teachers/politics but with active intervention she had a wonderful teacher for 5th grade who helped bridge the gap from the year previous. There are definately positive changes coming about the school but there is also alot of negative from families who are tired of the slow response from the school system. The PTA is in a rebuilding stage and keeping a positive atmosphere is always a priority. The principal really cares about the students and tries through all the challenges to help meet the student's needs.

E. L. Musick Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2007
My children have attended this school since kindergarten. School is wonderful for k-3. Once we were in 4th grade-quality went downhill! Positive note-there are lots of extra curricular activities for children-band, soccer, bball, superkid! We are involved parents but the lack of timely responsiveness from the school discourages us to continue. We are looking for a different school. The PTA is okay. It seems like this school is reactive instead of proactive. Safety - parents & students have to resolve issues amongst themselves instead of problem resolution at school.

Posted October 12, 2006

E. L. Musick Elementary School
5735 Musick Avenue, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified E. L. Musick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E. L. Musick Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top