Posted September 07, 2014
All I can say is that thanks to NM I can hold my head up high and be proud of my former school I graduated in 2004 and we used to be called the worst class ever NM is not the school I started my high school carrier it was WHS in Fremont were all my friends were still if it wasn't for NM I wouldn't be here talking about it so LETS GO COUGARS LETS GO

Newark Memorial High School 3

Posted June 17, 2014
I am former student and I have to say the school has made significant improvements from the time I graduated in 2002. It doesn't compare to the highly rated Mission San Jose for example BUT it has everything a student needs to succeed. I would say it is up to the student to make the most of their experience here as the teachers and staff are great and supportive. From what I understand, there is a big reduction in issues such as fights, etc.

Newark Memorial High School 4

Posted May 27, 2014
i am a student at this school currently and i am a freshman. i play two sports at this school and this school's sports program is awesome and well organized. The teachers are okay. overall do i feel safe at this school 80% of time yes but the gang affiliation with this school is kinda scary.

Posted June 08, 2013
Really good school. I didn't go here but my mom taught here and I got to meet some students, and they were really nice :) Wish I've gone here...

Newark Memorial High School 3

Posted January 05, 2013
As a junior at NM, I must say that this school has provided me with all the articles of virtues and knowledge so far to advance me into my ultimate ambition. In all honesty, it is up to the STUDENT, I cannot stress that enough however, to extract the knowledge given by the teacher, and then study what they have inquired. There are a few notable teachers, specifically the honors and AP teachers, that only tolerate the best. The non-competitive environment allows the students to challenge themselves, rather than their peers, thus giving them the motive to succeed without stressing about the accomplishments and/or challenges others may seem to impose upon them. As for the teachers, they translate their awareness of the students into somewhat challenging tests. A majority of students, as I struggle to remain neutral, fail primarily due to the lack of ambition or that students share much in common in terms of lacking the alacrity of succeeding. These negative factors contribute to the school's overall standing as far as academics go, Above all else, education is an opportunity; a private school may compel the child to acquire certain accomplishments, but they cannot coerce the desire.

Posted September 27, 2012
Compare this to most of the school, they are no where close. Generation is changing and so are the morals of students and the Newark community. I would definitely say this school is cooperative with it's students. I'm a Senior rightnow and I've seen this school transform to a much more safer and supportive school. Ofcourse thanks to the new principal Mr. Marquez.

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted October 07, 2009
I am a sophomore in this school. From what I've heard, compared to other schools, NMHS has 'everything.' From a broad range of athletic opportunities, to excellent Honors courses, and many extracirricular activities, Newark Memorial High has proven to be a great school. While it is, of course, not the best, you could certainly do worse. One problem would be, in a school of 2200, that it is hard to excel here. You are always challenged by other students who have the same dream as you.

Posted September 16, 2009
Children get what they need from schools and a great thing about NMHS are the teachers and staff members who recognize that not everyone learns at the same pace!

Newark Memorial High School 2

Posted August 27, 2009

Newark Memorial High School
39375 Cedar Boulevard, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified Newark Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newark Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top