Posted January 10, 2015
I am proud of our school and our teachers. I have never seen a staff that takes more pride in their lessons. We go above and beyond to be the best. I am honored to be a NJHS.

Posted February 01, 2014
The leadership, teachers and administrative staff are great! My child is having an excellent experience and is doing well.

Posted November 08, 2013
I have a long commute to work, but we will not move because we are so pleased with the quality of education at Newark Jr. HS and Schilling Elementary. Our kids LOVE school (how often do you hear that?). Classroom size is reasonable and kids get individual attention. Most of our neighbors are either from the technology or biotech industries, and you see that the kids don't fall far from the tree. The kids are bright! The teachers help each child to determine his or her path. Not all kids choose college, but a lot do! This school teaches great values and respect.

Newark Junior High School 4

Posted January 23, 2013
I know the teachers and staff here work really hard for the student. Great school!

Newark Junior High School 2

Posted September 26, 2012
My child is doing fair in school. getting decent grades and stays out of trouble. Not nuts about the new principal. He is snooty, and always figiting with his cell phone. He isn't interested in getting to know his students unless they are the attractive. well-liked females. I have a son.

Posted April 16, 2010
Both my daughter and I met our first truly best friends there and have nothing but good memories of the school.

Posted September 18, 2009
I just went to back-to-school night for my 8th grade son and I was very impressed with his teachers. Each teacher had at least 10 years teaching experience and still showed passion for their profession. I have 2 older children who went to this school and another younger daughter to follow. The two older children are doing fine. One is at Newark Memorial and the other starting Cal Poly. This school can provide a great education for your student.

Posted September 16, 2009
NJHS has some really awesome teachers

Posted June 16, 2009
I have been going to this school just for 8th grade, I really like it!

Posted September 18, 2008

6201 Lafayette Avenue, Newark, CA  94560
Last modified Newark Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newark Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top