906 students|Newark Unified

Bad
Good

This school is one of the best in Northern California so far as my family is concerned. Kids get to learn in decent sized classes and they are taught by experienced teachers. My kids were so happy that they say they'd want their own kids to attend NJHS!

I am proud of our school and our teachers. I have never seen a staff that takes more pride in their lessons. We go above and beyond to be the best. I am honored to be a NJHS.

The leadership, teachers and administrative staff are great! My child is having an excellent experience and is doing well.

I have a long commute to work, but we will not move because we are so pleased with the quality of education at Newark Jr. HS and Schilling Elementary. Our kids LOVE school (how often do you hear that?). Classroom size is reasonable and kids get individual attention. Most of our neighbors are either from the technology or biotech industries, and you see that the kids don't fall far from the tree. The kids are bright! The teachers help each child to determine his or her path. Not all kids choose college, but a lot do! This school teaches great values and respect.

I know the teachers and staff here work really hard for the student. Great school!

My child is doing fair in school. getting decent grades and stays out of trouble. Not nuts about the new principal. He is snooty, and always figiting with his cell phone. He isn't interested in getting to know his students unless they are the attractive. well-liked females. I have a son.

Both my daughter and I met our first truly best friends there and have nothing but good memories of the school.

I just went to back-to-school night for my 8th grade son and I was very impressed with his teachers. Each teacher had at least 10 years teaching experience and still showed passion for their profession. I have 2 older children who went to this school and another younger daughter to follow. The two older children are doing fine. One is at Newark Memorial and the other starting Cal Poly. This school can provide a great education for your student.

NJHS has some really awesome teachers

I have been going to this school just for 8th grade, I really like it!

Last modified Newark Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.