Newbury Park, CA
Students enrolled: 2,560

Posted December 14, 2014
I had one child graduate from Newbury Park High in 2013 and is now successful student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Newbury Park prepared her to get into a great college and helped her to be successful. I now have my second child there as a sophomore and he loves it. The teachers and counselors are genuinely caring and work hard with the students to help them succeed, the student body is accepting of differences, and works hard. I have a third child starting next year there. The programs are top notch, from Ap, to the cooking program, mock trial and everything in between, there is something for everyone. We are so fortunate to live near this fantastic school.

Posted February 04, 2014
I went here as a freshman and sophomore before transferring schools. Out of all the high schools I have been to so far, this provided the best high school experience for me. There are plenty of sports available (they have everything, you name it), AP courses and honors courses have a wide range of options, teachers are generally very nice (My favorite are Mrs. Brown the English teacher, Mme Mckean the French teacher, and Cameo Carolan the dance teacher). The block schedule always works very nicely for students. There are rallies, dances, elaborate proms, huge clubs with tons of volunteering opportunities (especially ASG), there are football games, dance concerts, etc. This school has so much to offer I seriously kind of miss going there. Classes are generally great depending on the teacher and students in the class. Students are typically nice but there are distinct cliques at the school and a lot of the jocks and DV kids aren't too nice (I don't wan't to stereotype though, many can be lovely). I had a good group of friends there. There is a ton of time for socialization, so you WILL make friends whether you wanted to or not :)

Posted February 05, 2013
Newbury Park High School is the best school in the Conejo Valley. The teachers are caring which is followed by caring students. The block schedule is fantastic and allows the students the ability to specialize in areas of interest instead of being required to take the same classes as everyone else. The counselors are helpful and the teachers always have extra hours to help the student. This is a wonderful home away from home.

Posted March 17, 2012
This is an excellent school! It has outstanding academic, athletic and extracurricular programs. Students learn from the very best teachers, receive information for a better future, and are overall very driven. Very high API scores.

Posted March 17, 2012
Excellent school. Excellent administrative team. Excellent atmosphere. Highly recommended for its IB, AP and DATA programs.

Posted August 16, 2011
As a long-time educator with experience at several schools, I can honestly say that the NPHS culture is unparalleled; people who work here want to help students be successful. A parent said last week, "I love coming into this school. Everyone is always smiling and laughing. It makes me feel good every time I visit." Couple that with the excellent and comprehensive academic and athletic programs, a rising API, and motivated students, and you have to conclude this is a GREAT school!

Newbury Park High School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
I love the block schedule for classes. This program is a college prep type program, that I believed truly prepared my daughter, who graduated last year, for college. Our principle is highly motivated and has excellent leadership skills. If there are concerns she can be reached by either email or phone. Did I mention that our school is the only high school that has the block schedule. The majority of our student body are hard working students both in the academic and athletic department. It is well balanced and our students have to maintain their GPA's or they are not allowed to participate in their sport. I now have a sophomore attending NP and participates in a sport. I would love to see our school win and maybe see a new gym replace the one that is older than myself. Our kids work harder with less.

Newbury Park High School 4

Posted October 09, 2010
The school strives for excellence through their programs, teachers, counselors, administration, and involved parents.

Posted September 27, 2010
A great education offered in a safe and enthusiastic environment.

Posted September 25, 2010
Block Schedule Both AP and IB Classes Available Performing Arts Center (on campus!) Pool (on campus!) Football Stadium (surrounded by beautiful mountains) Air Conditioning! Lockers that work. A great school.

Newbury Park High School
456 North Reino Road, Newbury Park, CA  91320
Last modified Newbury Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newbury Park High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 129 reviews. Top