Newbury Park, CA

Posted March 14, 2015
Great school, teachers, staff, students and parents. There are some great parents who are volunteer here. The class mom for my son's kindergarten class was amazing!!

Posted March 12, 2015
Walnut teachers and staff are AWESOME! My kids have been at Walnut since kindergarten and we've had great teachers. Very friendly- great little school in an amazing community!

Posted March 08, 2015
Walnut is an incredible place to "raise your student." I have two children that have attended Walnut. Because of its small size, teachers and staff know and deeply care about each of "their" children. Teachers and staff go out of their way to help and support every child. I'm always amazed at the individualized attention each child receives. My oldest son has moved on to middle school, and he was more than prepared for the rigor that was expected of him there. All because of the wonderful start he got at Walnut. My youngest will leave Walnut soon, and it will be very hard to leave the family we have at Walnut! What a place!!!

Walnut Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2014
There is only one good thing at this school, the teachers. Other than that the lunches are horrible the principle is living in fantasy land. She doesn't care about her students, only numbers and government funding. I overheard the principle and her assistant gossip about parents on more than one occasion. What kind of example are they setting for our kids? Get the principle out and this might be a better school.

Walnut Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Overall terrible school. Bad teachers, lunches, campus, and principal. I had the worst years of my life in that school.

Posted August 14, 2013
Please take the time to visit the school, speak to the staff including the principal, and take a tour so that you can make an informed opinion. The standards by which the students at Walnut are taught, are the same standards all students in the district are taught. Ask about bullying prevention. Ask about the curriculum. Ask about supplemental programs such as music, art, computers, and PE. Look at the dates of the reviews. Look at test scores, and remember that California expects schools to hit 800. Anything over that is exceptional. Keep in mind that staffing, including administration changes over time. Be diligent in your questionning and keep an open mind.

Walnut Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
walnut school is really improving a lot in their curriculum. But I expect their teachers to let know the parents what they are teaching daily like in mathematics and all other subjects. Please give more homework to the children daily and during weekends also. Especially in social studies and science. so they can improve in that subjects also. thank you vanitha

Posted September 16, 2009
Amazing faculty and staff. Impressive hands on principal. My daughter has been going there since Kindergarten; she is now in Fifth grade. She has advanced academically and socially. I know we are very lucky to be in the conejo valley unified school district. The community of parents at this wallnut school is very involved. I feel we look out for each others kids. The score at Walnut has been an 8 for the last 5 years I'm hoping it will go to a 9 this year. I also need to mention the teachers at Walnut continue to grow themselves by reading, staying up with what is going on in the world, and they look at ways to help improve their teaching skills for the benefit of our students.

Walnut Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2009
I have to drop the rating down some as one of my sons has been suffering from the same group of bullies for over a year now. The discipline of this group has been ineffective and they have escalated their harassment. School officials have down played the harassment so far...

Posted October 09, 2008
This is the best school my daughter has been too. She loves all here teachers and enjoys showing up everyday.

581 Dena Drive, Newbury Park, CA  91320
Last modified Walnut Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top