Public charter
Newcastle, CA

Newcastle Charter School 4

Posted May 14, 2013
WONDERFUL school! We moved a couple times in the past several years and thus my children have attended 3 other schools (1 private) in addition to Newcastle. Since we don't live in the district, my kids are at Newcastle Charter (it's the same school/campus as Newcastle Elementary) and we are beyond pleased. Communication from the Principal and the teachers is superb. There are strict disciplinary expectations and homework responsibilities--even more strict than the private school we once attended. The students love the use of technology (iPads and laptops) in the classroom. Tutoring, the computer lab and the library are all available resources before and after school. Best of all, my children are happier and more engaged than they have ever been! In one just year I can tell their writing skills have increased (I believe they do more writing here than their previous school) and the expectations in all subjects are clearly defined by the Administration and the faculty. Yes, as a previous writer stated, the office may look a bit dishoveled, but it's an old building. The campus is in a beautiful location and I feel my children are safe.

Newcastle Charter School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
We had great hopes that this would be a good placement for our children but found that what we had seen/been told about the school was a case of something looking great on paper and being much, much less appealing in reality. The schedules are erratic in the junior high level, the younger children have too much out of the class time for extra programs which seem frivolous, the office is unprofessional in appearance and demeanor, and the campus is unkempt. We will be going back to our home district next school year.

Newcastle Charter School 5

Posted April 29, 2009
I am also a charter parent from another neighboring district. we live in Ophir and attend Newcasltle. There is a world of difference between the 2 schools, No programs or opportunities, no daycare at Ophir, All offered here at Newcastle. I like the K-8 school. Auburn the neighboring district just screams about spending too much money, closed one school last year and this year will do away with their only k-8 program. The parents are so active. They spend a week showering their teachers with gifts. It's a real nice community. The principal this year won the award for best administrator for the area and for California. She is always striving to make Newcastle the best it can be. Many grants are worked for for all kids of projects. Money is used wisely. Auburn has music 4th grade and up. Newcastle has it K and up. Newcastle has PE and dance K and up.

Newcastle Charter School
8951 Valley View Drive, Newcastle, CA  95658
Last modified Newcastle Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newcastle Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top