Newcastle, CA

Posted October 25, 2013
I have visited Ophir school with my son who has a four year old and found it to be an outstanding experience. Both my 4 year old and one year old grandchildren will attend when age ready. Kudos to all involved in STEAAM what a fantastic way to learn.

Ophir Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
My child attended third -sixth grade at Ophir. Grades 3 and 4 were great. 5th and 6th were the worst school experience ever. My child was bullied and always complained of being "sick" to get out of school. 6 th grade especially was extremly stressful for her. I finally had to take action and after asking for help for her constantly, this just was not a healthy place for her. She was failing and extremly stressed to the point of physical symptoms. I pulled her out and within one trimester she mase honor roll at her new school. Now she is happy, healthy and doing well.

Posted August 08, 2013
We are so blessed to be part of this amazing group of students, staff, and families!! Coming from a large school to Ophir was the best decision I have made for my children. With small class sizes and the deaf and hard of hearing program each child gets the attention and help they need. Our Principal is very involved and truly cares about each student individually. We love this school!

Posted April 08, 2013
Ophir is an amazing school with some of the best teachers around! Mrs Zaun is perfect! I couldn't imagine trusting my childrens safety or education with any other school!!

Posted March 06, 2013
"The Secret Gem of The Foothills".....We have been attending Ophir for over 7 years now. I have a son in 6th grade and a daughter in 2nd. My husband attended Ophir as a child. The teachers are wonderful....I just can't say enough. I especially love the combination of hearing children and then the DHH (deaf and hard of hearing) children. All the kids learn sign language! Our 8 grade kids look out for our younger children. Every parent has a voice at this school and everyone knows each student by name! Our STAR tests are some of the highest in the district! Every day is started with the Pledge.....it is so special. We are excited by some upcoming enhancements to our all already great curriculum. Great school...oldest school in California! Just precious.

Posted March 06, 2013
Kids love this school! The student climate is cooperative, respectful, prideful, and happy. My 6th grader has been there since Kindergarten and every teacher has been her favorite. She loves choir - it's before school once a week and there's never a hassle getting her there early. They've performed at the River Cats, Kings, Galleria, in addition to district concerts. The standardized test scores validate the academic performance of the school and my high school daughter is just one example of how well the school prepares kids for the next step. This unique school attracts kids from as far up as Weimar and as far down as Roseville and Lincoln. It's a gem in the Foothills for sure!

Posted March 06, 2013
Our family has been blessed in so many ways by attending Ophir Elementary. We have 3 children at the school and are so thankful that we are a part of this community. The teachers and staff truly care about the children and their families. Because it is only one class per grade, we get individualized care and the children really excel in this type of environment. It is also refreshing to build relationships with families as we grow together from grade to grade. I can't say enough about the Monart Program either. My kids all absolutely love this. Not only is Ophir a safe environment with high test scoring, but it is a fun and welcoming place to call home!

Posted March 06, 2013
I recently moved into the Newcastle/Auburn area. My son is, currently, in Kindergarten at Ophir Elementary School. I had apprehensions placing my son in a smaller school. However, Ophir's dedicated teachers and staff, and excellent test scores made me feel at ease. Ophir Elementary is a school where everyone knows your name, and no student is bullied or left behind. As a parent, I feel safe knowing my child isn't going to fall through the cracks. Ophir is a community that still says the Pledge of Allegiance, has the "old school" charm, smaller class sizes, and is keeping the educational standards high. BONUS: My son is also learning ASL (American Sign Language) because Ophir has a special program for DHH (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) students. I can honestly say that I LOVE OPHIR! I would highly recommend it...and I DO, often!

Posted March 06, 2013
Being the second oldest school in California, Ophir Elementary has a rich history in this community. Our children are being taught by teachers who genuinely care about them and create unique learning experiences.

Posted March 05, 2013
We love this school! The school has a very charming country campus, that first attracted us, but we have come to love Ophir school for many more reasons. The teachers really care about their students as individuals, the small school and class size enable all the teachers to know all the children. The students at Ophir score very high on the star tests, and my son in excelling academically. Since Placer County's DHH program is here, all the children get to learn sign language. The principal is very involved, and knows all the children and parents. This is a great place for kids to receive their education, we feel so lucky to be a part of Ophir School

Ophir Elementary School
1373 Lozanos Road, Newcastle, CA  95658
Last modified Ophir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ophir Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top