754 students|Newhall

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2015
This once great school is going down FAST. Teachers are transferring or taking early retirement. The good reviews for this school are not the recent ones. Check the dates. The administration is leading this school in a downward spiral. I don't know why the school board allows it. Maybe it's time for a recall. Myself and my friends are changing schools next year. Shame on the administrator who ignores parents concerns and let this once great school down.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 04, 2015
My child's teacher used to say "Well, if you don't learn it this year you can learn it next year." Wouldn't that put a student a year behind?

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 04, 2015
No, how can they when it is not modeled by the staff. The staff don't seem to enjoy being at work.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 04, 2015
My child has had many things stolen from her desk and backpack. The teacher's response is always the same. "Well you shouldn't have brought it to school." Not a helpful answer when it applies to school supplies. The teacher herself has had things stolen from students and punishes the whole class instead of finding out who is taking things.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
I think the start of using the Core standards will help bring Wiley Cyn Elementary up in Star testing rankings. I have high hopes for this procedure. I'm excited to see what the new year brings. The PTA all seem very caring about bringing the best for the kids.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
I agree with others that have stated that this school USED to be the best in the valley. After a change in administration, this school lacks communication, a family feel and seems to be more concerned with the ESL students, than the lower API scores. With my other two children, I was very pleased with everything about the school, including the teachers and how they were taught. They were definitely prepared for Junior High and beyond. But sadly this is not the case with my child currently in the school. They are always bringing homework home that has mistakes on it, being given tests after they've been absent and those scores are placed on their report card, was never taught that spelling was important and has a teacher that doesn't want to be there. So now I have a child that I feel is not prepared for further school years at all. At one point I was thinking of homeschooling. Now, I wish I had or at least transferred to another school when I had the chance. I'm sad that I have to write such a review. I really used to love this school.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
This was once the best school in the santa clarita valley! Not so true now. My kids have been in this school the past 4 years and have always been very pleased... till a change in major office staff that came in and has changed everything. Test scores have droped and my kids are not happy about going to school anymore! I will be pulling my kids from this school now!

Posted October 12, 2010
Excellent school. Great curriculum. Professional Teacher. Go Miss Latrace

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2010
My child has been going to Wiley for the last 4 years and this school is the schools is clean the teachers are great the Principal is very involved great PTA and awesome production Center.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2009
I'm a stepmom and an aunt of six children that have gone to this school. They have a great faculty and the school is well kept.

24240 La Glorita Circle, Newhall, CA  91321-2304
Last modified Wiley Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.