Wiley Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
I think the start of using the Core standards will help bring Wiley Cyn Elementary up in Star testing rankings. I have high hopes for this procedure. I'm excited to see what the new year brings. The PTA all seem very caring about bringing the best for the kids.

Posted April 18, 2013
I agree with others that have stated that this school USED to be the best in the valley. After a change in administration, this school lacks communication, a family feel and seems to be more concerned with the ESL students, than the lower API scores. With my other two children, I was very pleased with everything about the school, including the teachers and how they were taught. They were definitely prepared for Junior High and beyond. But sadly this is not the case with my child currently in the school. They are always bringing homework home that has mistakes on it, being given tests after they've been absent and those scores are placed on their report card, was never taught that spelling was important and has a teacher that doesn't want to be there. So now I have a child that I feel is not prepared for further school years at all. At one point I was thinking of homeschooling. Now, I wish I had or at least transferred to another school when I had the chance. I'm sad that I have to write such a review. I really used to love this school.

Posted July 14, 2012
When I talk to my friends who have kids at other NDS school. I feel like my child is missing out on so many things. The school is more concerned with helping the English learners and the English speaking kids are left to fend for themselves. If you question this read the schools mission statement. Is this what I pay taxes for? If I could afford it I would put my child in private school. The schools should be uniform district wide. The district makes it impossible to transfer to one of the good schools in the district. Please, address the needs of the child who's first language is English.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2012
This was once the best school in the santa clarita valley! Not so true now. My kids have been in this school the past 4 years and have always been very pleased... till a change in major office staff that came in and has changed everything. Test scores have droped and my kids are not happy about going to school anymore! I will be pulling my kids from this school now!

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Excellent school. Great curriculum. Professional Teacher. Go Miss Latrace

Posted April 13, 2010
My child has been going to Wiley for the last 4 years and this school is the schools is clean the teachers are great the Principal is very involved great PTA and awesome production Center.

Posted October 05, 2009
I'm a stepmom and an aunt of six children that have gone to this school. They have a great faculty and the school is well kept.

Wiley Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
This is a great school. All three of my sons went to Wiley Canyon Elementary!

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted November 01, 2006
I have a 4th grader & he has been at Wiley for 2 1/2 years. I am very happy with the school as a whole. We came from another very ditiguished school in Santa Clarita & I worried, but I am very, very happy!

Wiley Canyon Elementary School
24240 La Glorita Circle, Newhall, CA  91321
Last modified Wiley Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wiley Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top