Posted September 26, 2013
My kids are excelling and enjoying learning, I have heard parents from other schools comment that Valley View is older and not a pretty as some of the other nearby schools but what matters is what's on the inside. A school is as good as the teachers and these teachers are great. The staff is nurturing and the students are learning and happy!

Posted September 26, 2013
Our family is having a great experience at Valley View, the teachers are amazing and the staff is warm and friendly.

Posted September 10, 2013
Amazing teacher and staff. My kids love school and I could not be more pleased with the Valley View.

Posted May 21, 2013
Could not be happier with the teachers, administration and staff at Valley View, it's an older school and may not be as pretty to look at as some of the newer schools in the area but a school is as good as the teachers and staff and this one is more then top notch!!!

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
I can't say enough bad things about this school. We pulled our child out and started home schooling for the rest of the semester last year. He was sent to the office multiple times for petty things that should have been taken care of by the yard duty or teacher. After the last ridiculous incident the principal admitted that they didn't have adequate yard duty staff, due to cut backs. He also told me he didn't trust my child so we pulled him out that day. The office staff have bad people skills. They look at you like, "What the heck are you doing in my office?" Our son is now enrolled at Sulphur Springs Elementary. This school is incredible. He is excelling and performing way above his grade level. We are thrilled with the staff, teachers, and the principal. The principal really runs things well. It is a safe and great learning environment.

Posted June 17, 2011
Valley View School has a dedicated school staff that works tirelessly to ensure that the academic program meets the needs of their very diverse learning population. The teachers are caring and knowledgeable. My child attended VV and had the most wonderful teachers! The complaints that I have read here and also heard at the school, appear to be from individuals who act overly aggressive or just plain mean. For instance, last year at a school function two parents got angry at each other and started pulling each others hair in a cat fight! Some of the "parenting techniques" used by the guardians at this school are less than mediocre (just as it can be at other sites as well). This is not the school's fault. If your child misbehaves in the cafeteria, there is a consequence. The principal does an excellent job of maintaining order and safety at Valley View. He is very professional and takes his work very seriously. The staff and administration have a very positive affect upon the environment and the kids know they are safe each day. The great majority of the school community is pleased and has great experiences. Overall, Valley View is a great place for your child!

Posted January 31, 2011
Every staff member at Valley View is as respectable as they are treated. Just like most adults are. It seems to me that the posts from unhappy parents just might stem from their own inadequacies. If your child is repeatedly shouting across the cafeteria it probably happens at home. Hmmmmm...

Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2010
I must say... I had high hopes when i enrolled my child at Valley View. I have no complaints about my childs teacher however the office staff lack people skills. I agree 100% with a parents comment below about the admin staff and principal at this school. You know the saying.."it's not what you say but how you say it" they definately should take a class on common courtesy and how they interact with parents. Very rude and cold is the only way to describe. And the principle seems to have way to much time on his hands to call parents with petty complaints and nonsense. Example~ Your child was shouting in the lunchroom when he knew it's against the rules~ Seriously??? And you needed to call me at work for this???? He will also choose his words poorly when dealing with your child. Be careful parents. The yard duty staff seem to enjoy shouting and screaming at children when they misbehave rather than pulling them aside and teaching them communication skills. I am very displeased with the admin, principal and yard duty staff here at this school. The only reason this school received 2 stars from me is for the wonderful teacher.

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2010
As a parent of Valley View Students, I think it is a great school! Both my children are high achieving and have been acknowledged for their high state test scores. The principal, teachers and staff are courteous and always willing to help. I wouldn't choose any other school for my children to attend.

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2010
Valley view is a terrible underachieving school. The whole school from the principal down is mediocre, not to mention the fact that is part of sulphur springs school district, all the schools in that school district are underachiving they don't care for parent involvement, there is no communication, and the office staff at Valley View have no people skills, many parents feel the same way! We are all signing a pettiion to send to the California board of Education, with all are complaints, they are soo many and not enough space here.

Valley View Elementary School
19414 Sierra Estates Drive, Newhall, CA  91321
(661) 251-2000
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top