Posted July 10, 2014
I've been very pleased with Hart. My son will be in his 3rd year and our daughter will be a freshman this fall.

Posted April 21, 2014
This school and the district are a jewel. I have lived in this community for over 20 years and this school has provided my nephews and both my children outstanding education's and has sent them off to some of the top universities in the world (our son attends MIT), but no matter how good the school is the child and the family have to put in the work. If you're up for it this school is a springboard to a world class education.

Posted April 11, 2014
My daughter started at Hart High after leaving a private school. I am completely satisfied with the academics and the teachers at this school. I have always heard wonderful things about Hart and now I know why.

Posted March 13, 2014
Hart is a great school. I feel that it's important for people to understand that this ranking is very subjective. A person has one problem and they rank poorly dropping the numbers. Hart High School has amazing teacher - AP and General alike and we have nothing but good things to say about the teachers that our child has received. They have helped when they didn't understand a concept and have been very available. Great administration and excellent staff.

William S. Hart High School 2

Posted July 22, 2009
Like anything in life, academics, athletics and artistic excellence needs to be balanced for our students. At Hart High School - the general attitude, however, is one that caters to 'fun' and underachievement. If you are a self motivated student, you will excel in spite of this attitude but you will not be pressed to push yourself. There is a good deal of talk by the administration and teachers, of college prep. and tough classes, and some requirements in some classes are more challenging than others. However, and again, the student that excels does so mostly by their own initiative. Additionally, there is a good deal of hypocrisy between what is demanded of the students & how the teachers conduct themselves. Lost papers, projects, missed deadlines - changed deadlines, inconsistent grading and the like are the norm with a number of TEACHERS.

William S. Hart High School 2

Posted January 26, 2009
Depends on the teachers you get. I had a really bad geometry teacher last semester and almost everyone failed. My geom teacher this semester is amazing. It really depends on the teachers you get and how motivated you are to learn. Security is low and there are a lot of gang bangers and kids who are only there cause it's the law. Teachers mainly do nothing about student disruptions. I do not feel safe at this school and am transferring to a different high school next school year.

Posted November 07, 2008
Excellent AP program with very capable and motivated instructors

William S. Hart High School 0

Posted August 06, 2008
Hart High is like any other high school. There is great oppurtunities for the ones who are seeking them. FOr the ones who just dont care, too bad.

Posted November 18, 2007

Posted November 18, 2007

William S. Hart High School
24825 North Newhall Avenue, Newhall, CA  91321
Last modified William S. Hart High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William S. Hart High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top