Bad
Good

Posted March 13, 2014
Placerita has been a very pleasant surprise. I sent my daughter to the school a little apprehensive, as a lot of my friends were concerned of the neighborhood. (It's in an older part of Newhall.) But I have to say that they have been wonderful. The staff and administration has been so helpful and they are so knowledgeable. This is another case where people read a book by it's cover. My child is doing great and have learned so much. Loving this school.

Placerita Junior High School 3

Posted March 11, 2014
I thought this school did a great job preparing my daughter for highschool. I'm taking two stars off because of the way they deal with bullying: my daughter was bullied by two girls so I went with her to the principal. He didn't take the situation serious and actually accused my daughter to be the cause! Eventually he decided to set up a mediation at which a counselor was supposed to help figure out the situation. But when my daughter got there they had invited both bullies in the room at the same time to sit across my daughter who didn't have anyone with her! How awful she must have felt! She had to defend herself all over again! Nothing came from that meeting because the two girls simply denied everything. They kept on bullying her and leaving terrible messages on her cellphone. Eventually one of my daughter's friends decided to speak up and went to the principal. With her testimonial and the recorded messages we finally got the bullies suspended. A great big shout out to that brave girl - you know who you are! I will never forget what you did for my daughter and my family! So in short: Good academics but lousy way to handle problems.

Posted April 30, 2009
Wow! This school is amazing! The teachers are very concerning and listen to our problems! The band teacher is the best in California! Go Placerita!

Posted March 23, 2009
as a student here,this is way better than elementery.also the teachers are really nice and cool.if you are having troble with somthing they will consintrate on you.and uhhh... the food is really good

Posted June 05, 2008
Placerita is a wonderful school. The teachers care to make each student successful. Communication between the school and parent is excellent!

Placerita Junior High School 2

Posted April 15, 2006
The principal and counselors at Placerita do little to help those students with special needs. We found the counselor and psychologist unwilling to help our nephew. During IEP's certain teachers were unwilling to make modifications or understand the special needs child. We were given excuses such as, 'We already have 220 students in our RSP program.' The counselor also indicated a lack of concern that he skipped a week of classes because he 'he wasn't failing.' Our experience with Placerita was very disappointing.

Placerita Junior High School 3

Posted May 31, 2005
Very crowded school. Teachers are hit or miss. Some teachers are wonderful, others brand new. Band teacher is just the best in the state of ca!

Placerita Junior High School 1

Posted May 11, 2005
This School needs to show more improvment. Its Terribly unorganized.In its second year running.Its produced the worse test scores in the history of schools.I think this school needs a better prinipal and a better faculty.

Placerita Junior High School
25015 North Newhall Avenue, Newhall, CA  91321-1098
Last modified Placerita Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Placerita Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top