Posted March 20, 2014
I ADORE going to Newport Harbor High school! The social atmosphere is accepting of everyone. There are minimal cliques and as a girl who used to be called "weird" and was bullied some in elementary school, I now have friends all around campus of every kind. One thing I recommend if you want to succeed here is be responsible and proactive in completing your homework on time and getting makeup work after being absent. Teachers, although most want you to succeed, will not hunt you down about getting your work done. I really hope you choose this great school where you will learn, grow, and have more required of you before college.

Posted March 18, 2014
Our family has been at Harbor for 7 years and both my husband and myself have been very active in the school as part of the Foundation and with the various booster clubs of the sports our boys participated in. Our experience at Harbor has been outstanding and my oldest son has commented on how well Harbor prepared him for college.We found that both the administration and the teachers were accessible and definitely willing to help with issues as they came up (which fortunately were few and far between!!!) Is Harbor perfect? No. But I do think it is rather exceptional in that it has a large number of very committed and gifted teachers who are one of the reasons there are so many different clubs and activities for the students to participate in. I think the best way to insure a positive experience for both parents and students is to get involved and there are many, many opportunities for that at Harbor!

Newport Harbor High School 3

Posted July 24, 2013
2013 review: i am going to be a senior this fall. social life is cliques. the more money you have, the better you fit in with the popular clique. sports is amazing. we have olympic teams visit school, and alumni go to olympics. they are so common i have had classes with them often. teachers create the most amazing bond with their students. open minded teachers, working their tails off. remodeled so school looks good, but bathrooms are still horrid. the school is mix of white kids and hispanics, and they do not integrate together AT ALL. so with that said, if you are chinese or middle eastern or eastern european, then you fit in neither category, and are a misfit. personally, i have had great academic success, but because it is a family tradition, not because the school is good at academics. the math departments sucks so much, i needed my dad, (engineer) to tutor me, or not i would have failed. I have straight a's with 7 APs total, so this school offers you the road to success, you just have to take it. the extracurriculars is so much that you would think thats all kids do. this is not a bad thing. this school has kids accepted to ivy leagues each year. but hard to make friends.

Posted March 13, 2013
Excellent teaching staff. Encourages sports participation; allows and even encourages students to play several different sports. Overall very happy with all aspects of the school.

Posted September 30, 2011
I'm currently going to harbor and i definitely think the teachers are committed to teaching (though there are a few who don't really seem to care)

Posted May 13, 2011
My boys went to Mariners Elementary, Ensign, and Newport harbor High...we are not one of the "rich, get everything you ask for " families, but with good parenting and excellent teachers and administration my kids appreciate the education they have been given. They have friends from all social-economic situations and the difference is in the home. My boys took AP classes and worked their tails off. We do not feel however that the money you give determines the effort in your child. We love Newport and all of the families and teachers here!!

Posted June 01, 2010
I totally disagree with the last comment...I was on the Harbor Board and donated "big bucks" and my child got NO special priviledges whatsoever! This is a GREAT school, very fair and with a fantastic principal!

Posted September 24, 2009

Newport Harbor High School 2

Posted January 16, 2009

Newport Harbor High School 1

Posted December 05, 2008

Newport Harbor High School
600 Irvine Avenue, Newport Beach, CA  92663
Last modified Newport Harbor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newport Harbor High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top