Posted September 12, 2014
We had the privelege to find and have our two daughters attend Carden Hall for their Entire K-8 education. The concepts of self-discpline structured academics and personal growth and maturity were outstanding!! This is not a "come for a while" school; the carefully structured cirriculum buids one year upon anther, and builds knowledge,self esteem and success ,preparing for achievement in life. Carden Hall Built the solid foundation in both daughters for High School,University and Graduate studies. Honor students; Phi Beta kappa, and successful Graduate school matriculation for both. Both fondly and thankfully credit Carden Hall for the foundations which made HS and beyond easy!

Posted April 02, 2014
After moving from a very strong public school in Northern California and being completely underwhelmed by the academics and overcrowding at the Newport public schools, we were happy to find in Carden Hall a place where our three children are absolutely thriving. This is a school that cherishes the joy and spirituality of children while maintaining a strong academic rigor. My children want me to take them early to school every day so they can play before class which says how comfortable they feel here. French, PE, music, art daily and they are easily ahead of the public school curriculum down here. We couldn't be more grateful.

Carden Hall, Inc School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
Carden Hall is fine for what it is; it will give an average child a good, solid foundation in academics. If your child is bright he/she will be bored. There is no flexibility built into the curriculum, so no one is allowed to "take the ball and run with it." If your child is already a rule follower, chances are they will wither under the extreme discipline. I heard from a mother that the teachers at her preschool told parents of boys with discipline problems to send their boys to Carden Hall. My son attended with those boys and it did not go well. My daughter was not allowed to read the books she chose; she's always been a reader, ahead of grade level. It's wrong to hold kids back. So, if you have a child of average intelligence, send him/her to Carden Hall. They will help you create a good corporate citizen.

Posted May 23, 2013
I have two of my children at Carden Hall, our third is too young, and I have been beyond thrilled with the education and character building this school has offered. The curriculum is outstanding. In my observations it was impressive to witness the teacher's observation to detail. I know there are many that feel that the school is a bit "old fashioned" but I for one am thankful that in this crazy digital age my children have a peaceful place where they can be KIDS. Too often the importance of manners and social graces are discounted so I have been very pleased that these are both a great part of the schools teachings.

Posted March 11, 2013
We moved from the east coast from very academically motivated backgrounds and could not find a school in the area that we were happy with. Carden Hall was an oasis when it comes to teaching education, culture, morals...The teachers are all excellent as well as the admin staff. My child is 1-2 years ahead of most other schools and everybody she comes in contact with raves about how she presents herself and her manners and respect (she is 8). I dont know how the sports and curriculum is in the sciences/technology in the older grades but I know the language/arithmetic and moral grounding is exceptional in the younger grades. My child also knows how to sing beautifully and can recite Psalm 100 and poetry. They also learn French from the very youngest grades and have a view of the ocean. Highly recommended amidst the chaos, materialism and lacking priorities of SoCal!

Carden Hall, Inc School 1

Posted December 30, 2012
I attended Carden Hall from JP to 3rd grade. I had dyslexic tendencies in the first grade, flipping letters around, confusing b's, p's and q's. The school took no formal notice and did not contact my family. They recommended I repeat the first grade but gave no further explanation. Carden does not believe in homework, and I was too young to know I was different and would need accommodation, so the problem went unnoticed. I was given a red slip and locked in a phone booth daily. I had emotional problems due to this school. It destroyed my confidence. Many years later and I am a PhD candidate in Philosophy at the University of Cambridge. No thanks to Carden. Do not send your children here. If you do, be sure to monitor them closely.

Carden Hall, Inc School 1

Posted December 02, 2012
When I attended Carden Hall in kindergarten I was disciplined and put in the "white room" Basically a small hot room with a chair about 4'x4' with a white light and was secluded there. I had gotten in trouble for scratching painted lines on the ground with my backpack zipper during an assembly. Is this practice still going on. I have been emotionally affected by this practice and want to know if that is still going on. I DON'T think its OK. Also to not make the parents aware of what I was put through and at such a young age this has come back to haunt me. I hope that no other child has to go though this process in the future.

Carden Hall, Inc School 2

Posted April 03, 2010
Children are not prepared for math at the public school when they graduate. Ridiculous to spend so much money just to keep them in a protective bubble.

Posted August 05, 2009
I am a former student, having graduated in 2004. I loved this place, what with Mr. Jones and the same crowd for 9 years. While there, I wasn't all that social but that hardly mattered as the caliber of the students led to a student body of intelligent, thoughtful kids who were accepting of all. I am returning for my second year of college in a few weeks and would like to say that I have never and shall never review my high school, Mater Dei HS. That is not because it is not good. It is because what I learned and took away from Carden is that much better. There is a reason that I returned there today to pick-up a sweatshirt: I have so many great memories. Note: Academics are solid, but math and science need a bit more to them. Nevertheless, they're still good.

Posted July 22, 2009
Carden Hall is a really great school. It's great that you stay with the same group of people for all 10 years; you really get to know eachother and bond. the uniforms are nice to have because in the early moring rush of getting ready, you know what you're going to wear, so you just put it on! Another reason I love my school is because we aren't given homework until 4th grade which is really nice.

Carden Hall, Inc School
1541 Monrovia Avenue, Newport Beach, CA  92663
Last modified Carden Hall, Inc School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carden Hall, Inc School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top