No rating

Newport Montessori School

Private | K-1 | 20 students

Living in Newport Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $1,050,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

Posted July 9, 2012

My niece is smart. She's not even in kindergarten yet, but largely in part to Newport Montessori School. She can read and she knows some basics about dance, art, music, and tennis. She aced her entrance exam into an honors program, she can give you a breakdown of every Disney film, and on some days she even gets to take field trips to the water park and Pink Berry.

Posted February 21, 2012

My two sons attended Newport Montessori. We found Newport Montessori to have the most dedicated and caring educators that we have had the privilege to encounter. From the first day I knew we made the right choice in selecting Newport Montessori for our boys. The curriculum is challenging enough to really push their expectations of what they are interested in. We have found that our youngest is quite the musician, he is really excited about learning more and our oldest is mesmerized with Botany and Art. We are happy with the great teachers as they are as caring and sweet to our children as they should be. We have had many days where the boys ask if they can stay longer. We were very lucky to find such an amazing preschool.

Posted March 6, 2010

The education is tailored to the child, so if your child is advanced, they will expose her/him to the next level of academics. In the higher level elementary program, the kids are exposed to half Montessori, half regular school program, to ease their transition to regular school system after completing Kindergarten/1st grade. Unlike other Montessori's, where there are teacher's aides, all the teachers are fully credentialed in Montessori methods as well having at least a Bachelor's degree.

Posted March 1, 2010

This school is one which allows the students (and the parents for that matter) to make the most of a great opportunity if they choose to. The teachers are approachable, professional, and deeply caring. My children have grown exponentially in their years there.

Posted October 28, 2007

To anyone anxious about to introduce their children to his or her first taste of academics, I would strongly recommend this institution. Not only is the exterior impressive, that which lies within is just as good. The teachers are a group of wonderful, caring women who managed to get through to my little hellion of a 4 year old. He has been challenged both mentally and physically than I ever would have thought possible. He actually tries to teach me the things he learned on that particular day. The establishment is in good condition, especially it's extremely impressive playground. To comment on the remarks about the owner: it is to be expected; she is an Italian New Yoker. While she did rub me the wrong way initially, I have come to understand that she is just as passionate about children, having 4 of her own, and that's good enough for me.

Posted October 22, 2007

My child started in Toddler Two and he has been going there for the past two years.The teachers in this school work according to the needs of the student. They are kind and hardworking. The entire enviroment of the school is positive and my child has grown immensely from this.

Posted February 20, 2007

My 3 year old enrolled a couple of months ago. It seemed like a great school at first until you realize the younger kids are lost and the teachers are so overwhelmed by the class size they can't possibly give individual attention. My son wanders around lost most of the time. The only great things are the observation room and the playground.

Posted November 18, 2006

My son is enrolled in this school and I highly recommend the school to anyone searching for academic excellence. The teachers are hardworking and dedicated in meeting the needs of each child and they work from the heart.

Posted October 8, 2006

I love this school. My child has been going there for about a year. She has grown in knowledge, emotionally and socially. The teachers are nurturing and authoritative when needed. It is a great, positive environment - except for the owner. The owner does not represent the schools quality.

Posted October 1, 2006

This is a great school, the environment is very clean and nurturing to the children .Our son is progressing not only academically but as well as socially, thank you very much to the wonderful, caring and attentive teachers.

Posted October 1, 2006

My son who is 3 years old just started in their preschool program. The class is very structured and they have excellent curriculum program. Teachers are very loving and approachable, its only been a month seen he started the school but I can see the changes in my son in terms of emotionally, socially and cognitive aspects. I highly recommend this school to those parents whose looking for great school.

Posted September 28, 2006

The teachers are great! They get the parents really involved with their child's progress. The school is located in a residential area which makes it very safe. Classrooms are very conducive to learning with divided subject areas. I highly recommend this school to your children

Posted September 27, 2006

Excellent experience! My son started Newport Montessori at the age of 18 months and graduated from Kindergarten in the year of 2004. Currently he attends one of the school in Irvine. He is qualified as a gifted child and his second grade teacher gives his montessori school all the credit. No matter what I say is not enough but Thank each and everyone. From the owner, director and all the teachers of Newport Montessori who left their impression on him. Thanks a million!

Posted October 27, 2005

This school is small and limited in the grades it serves. The elementary teacher is excellent, skilled, experienced and firm and kind. The other staff are kind and dedicated. The elementary program is a good mix of mainstream and self discovery. The parent body is not too interactive. The extracurricular programs are good. The cost is reasonable. They have field trips that are interesting and fun for the kids and parents. The owner is a bit brusque, but hey, she's from the Bronx or Queeens, it goes with the territory. If you do not take it personally she is fine. Overall I have found this to be quite a good school.

Posted August 29, 2005

Good environment but very strict aministrator.

Posted April 20, 2005

There are 2 great teachers at this school, however having to deal with the owner makes it not worth it. She is extremely difficult to deal with. She is unprofessional, unfriendly and completely unapproachable. She has berated her teachers in front of parents and children and shows no respect to them. The classrooms are never a comfortable temperature and parents are asked to provide snacks for the classroom. The front door is usually wide open and the teacher turn-over is high. I will, however, give the playground an A+ for the foam flooring. It is much cleaner and nicer than sand.

Posted March 30, 2005

Owner is very money-mined, emotional person. She is not professional at all, more like a gossip womon not a educator. Very less money have been invested on books, toys, and facility. Last winter, little kids have to sit on the cold floor for 5 days because teacher has to hand wash the rug. Teachers turn over rate are extremely high, my kids had some good teachers ,but they did not stay there very long. Kids are safe there, but academicly are not challeged. They teach kids some basic music, art work but not enough. There is no parents involvement, if you want to know how is your kids doing in school for a day, teacher only simply tell you OK. If you tell the owner your needs, she will tell you that she will take care of it in front of you, but she will not do it.

Posted March 23, 2004

I can't say enough about this school. I currently have a 1st grade son here. It is not only an acedemically challenging environment but a nuturing one. He has the ability to progress as fast or as slow as he wishes. Although there isn't a single subject that is slow at. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a school that not only has the self-paced benefits of montessori, but has the cirriculum of a traditional school as well plus a whole lot more.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 40% 11%

• Ms. Brittany Dible
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

20221 Southwest Cypress Street