Newport Beach, CA

Newport Montessori School 1

Posted March 25, 2015
My 4 & 2 tried this school. I think circus better describes it. The 1st day, I sat in the observation "deck" aka closet and watched my 2 year old because she was crying. This is not like her. Only 1 "lead" teacher and assistants that run around like puppets in my opinion, picking up "toys"/materials and wandering kids. My sweet daughter, on her first day, was left ALONE while the adults were running around like chickens trying to keep things in order. There was another girl, she cried the WHOLE day but she's a regular. The mom came to pick the daughter up and none of the adults even communicated how her day was. The 4 year old class had a new teacher. They do snack time 2 at a time......really? So kids that get there early have to wait. After i pulled my kids out, I decided to read the reviews. It's amazing to see that YEARS ago, parents made the similar complaints and observations. The director at the time was changing. When we found out, we asked, hey, are you leaving? Her response, "I'm the only director here." The following week, she was gone and the new director arrived. I feel the owner money minded. This review is my opinion.

Posted July 09, 2012
My niece is smart. She's not even in kindergarten yet, but largely in part to Newport Montessori School. She can read and she knows some basics about dance, art, music, and tennis. She aced her entrance exam into an honors program, she can give you a breakdown of every Disney film, and on some days she even gets to take field trips to the water park and Pink Berry.

Posted February 21, 2012
My two sons attended Newport Montessori. We found Newport Montessori to have the most dedicated and caring educators that we have had the privilege to encounter. From the first day I knew we made the right choice in selecting Newport Montessori for our boys. The curriculum is challenging enough to really push their expectations of what they are interested in. We have found that our youngest is quite the musician, he is really excited about learning more and our oldest is mesmerized with Botany and Art. We are happy with the great teachers as they are as caring and sweet to our children as they should be. We have had many days where the boys ask if they can stay longer. We were very lucky to find such an amazing preschool.

Posted March 06, 2010
The education is tailored to the child, so if your child is advanced, they will expose her/him to the next level of academics. In the higher level elementary program, the kids are exposed to half Montessori, half regular school program, to ease their transition to regular school system after completing Kindergarten/1st grade. Unlike other Montessori's, where there are teacher's aides, all the teachers are fully credentialed in Montessori methods as well having at least a Bachelor's degree.

Posted March 01, 2010
This school is one which allows the students (and the parents for that matter) to make the most of a great opportunity if they choose to. The teachers are approachable, professional, and deeply caring. My children have grown exponentially in their years there.

Posted October 28, 2007
To anyone anxious about to introduce their children to his or her first taste of academics, I would strongly recommend this institution. Not only is the exterior impressive, that which lies within is just as good. The teachers are a group of wonderful, caring women who managed to get through to my little hellion of a 4 year old. He has been challenged both mentally and physically than I ever would have thought possible. He actually tries to teach me the things he learned on that particular day. The establishment is in good condition, especially it's extremely impressive playground. To comment on the remarks about the owner: it is to be expected; she is an Italian New Yoker. While she did rub me the wrong way initially, I have come to understand that she is just as passionate about children, having 4 of her own, and that's good enough for me.

Newport Montessori School

Posted October 22, 2007
My child started in Toddler Two and he has been going there for the past two years.The teachers in this school work according to the needs of the student. They are kind and hardworking. The entire enviroment of the school is positive and my child has grown immensely from this.

Newport Montessori School 3

Posted February 20, 2007
My 3 year old enrolled a couple of months ago. It seemed like a great school at first until you realize the younger kids are lost and the teachers are so overwhelmed by the class size they can't possibly give individual attention. My son wanders around lost most of the time. The only great things are the observation room and the playground.

Posted November 18, 2006
My son is enrolled in this school and I highly recommend the school to anyone searching for academic excellence. The teachers are hardworking and dedicated in meeting the needs of each child and they work from the heart.

Posted October 08, 2006
I love this school. My child has been going there for about a year. She has grown in knowledge, emotionally and socially. The teachers are nurturing and authoritative when needed. It is a great, positive environment - except for the owner. The owner does not represent the schools quality.

Newport Montessori School
20221 Southwest Cypress Street, Newport Beach, CA  92660
Last modified Newport Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-1
Newport Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top