Nicolaus, CA

East Nicolaus High School 3

Posted September 13, 2014
This is a great school if you have an average or below student. The school has had a high staff/teacher turn over the last couple of years. I'm not sure if that's due to the new principal, but as a parent, it's concerning. The turnover feels constant. Several teachers hired to replace previous ones also left after last year. A new English teacher this year lasted only a few days. There aren't many AP classes and students don't seem to pass the exams for the ones they do offer. While often the top rated school in Sutter county, you need to look at the numbers for Sutter county. Overall, poor public schools/scores. The top scores here are average at best elsewhere. Again, if you have an average student the academics are fine and small town environment nice; for highly academic students, there doesn't seem to be much challenge or enough academic opportunities.

Posted September 01, 2010
East Nicolaus High School has done AMAZING things for my son. The faculty is wonderful, as they take an interest in each and every student. The student body is also unique in that they are all nice kids from nice families. I am yet to hear the typical high school horror stories of bullying and hazing. My son has never felt so at home and so accepted. I can't think of a negative thing to say. WONDERFUL high school experience.

Posted August 14, 2010
i have to say that if you dont like living in country setting then east nicolaus is not for you but if you want a real education that will get you somewhere in life then this school is great. i used to be a student there, i spent all four years there and i wouldn't change it for nothing the best years of my life were there and the staff was awesome not only were the teachers great but they were also your friend you couldn't ask for a more pleasant place

Posted May 03, 2010
i went to this school for a little bit and it was great the teacher were nice and the small population was nice as well because it felt like you knew everyone.

East Nicolaus High School 3

Posted February 19, 2010
I don't like that this school has such a small population, some teachers aren't the greatest, we have no cafeteria, and I especially don't like that the sport selection is horrible. The only plus is that the students can be closer to the teachers and counselors and the students are more well rounded than any larger school.

Posted June 24, 2009

Posted November 15, 2007

East Nicolaus High School 0

Posted October 04, 2007
im a student here. and this school is great. of course theres drama, but isnt there that in every school. the close knit school is great because everyone knows everyone... and word sreads fast, but you will always have a person to fall back on. there are great staff here also. the sports teams are phenomenal and the education is great too.

East Nicolaus High School 4

Posted September 19, 2007
East Nicolaus is a good place to spend your four years at high school. i have to say that the teachers here are pretty amazing and they are great at what they do. I am having the time of my life. the sports programs are pretty good they are one of the best for a school our size. We are a california distinguished school.

East Nicolaus High School 4

Posted September 19, 2007
Why hello there, I am available to inform you about East Nicolaus High School on a more accurate level. I have to admit, the teacher's are totally awesome, because their teaching techniques are more of a one on one, and I love that. :) One thing that you may keep in mind before sending your child here though, especially if she is a female, is that this school because of its size, is very cliquey, and social drama can affect your child's education in more ways than parent's consider. Our extra-curricular activities, including sports and clubs, are admirably impressive. For a small school, we do offer alot more than most students expect, and now that we are a Distinguished High School, I highly recommend sending your child here, for colleges tend to be impressed with our acedemic performances. Ay Bay Bay!

East Nicolaus High School
2454 Nicolaus Avenue, Nicolaus, CA  95659
Last modified East Nicolaus High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Nicolaus High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top