This school fails to meet minimum state educational requirements for their students at all levels. Understand that if you read nothing else. There also been a great deal of turnover in the teaching staff every school year. The new school principal fifth in 10 years. According to the state test 20% the students at the school score high enough on the test to almost make up for the schools failing to educate the other 80% of the student body. Yet it's still not high enough to crack the 800 mark. The PTO has provided all the funding for the music and arts program the athletic programs are sponsored by the local community. There's a huge parent involvement at the school by a few parents- guess who's kids pull the highest test scores. The school received a zero on the state testing a while back because it could even administer the test correctly. There's no reason the school should not be achieving a 900 or better however until there's a change at the top - that is the school district and the school board this won't happen. One would think with Cal poly San Luis Obispo being a top ranked schools in the nation we would be able to acquire an elite caliber of educators at all levels .
After struggling with the truly awful schools in our previous city, Lange is fantastic. The campus is less than 10 years old and very modern, clean, functional, and kid-friendly. This is our kids' 2nd year here. I wish I list the names of the teachers because they're awesome. There are a number of ESL kids and that might be bringing the test scores down but I suspect the negative reviewer has some race issues. Lady - try going to school anywhere else! This is just about as good as public education gets in this anti-education-funding political climate. They got a new principal and I'm not a fan of bungee-leadership. Also, the website is lame. Other than that it's a great school and we're grateful to be here.
My daughter has 36 students in her class...unexcusable!!! Half the students can't speak english and the quality of education suffers, just look at their performance on state tests. How can 1 teacher effectively teach 36 students.
I love the staff and the families of Lange. It is an involved community that cares about the kids and their education.
To start a new list, click OK. Otherwise click Cancel.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Create an account to submit your answers.
Sign in with an existing GreatSchools account or using Facebook:
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of Lange (Dorothea) Elementary School on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
Thanks! We just sent you an email – please click on the link in the email to post your answers.
Get timely updates for Lange (Dorothea) Elementary School, including performance data and recently posted user reviews.