Norco, CA

Posted March 10, 2015
I am a very concerned parent and always make it a point to conduct extensive research on anything that my child will be involved in. To make my point here, we previously resided in Eastvale and moved to Norco because we didn't feel comfortable with the direction of the city and the congested schools there. I am very excited to state that Norco El is the best school she has attended! The staff is excellent and by far the friendliest from any other school our child has attended. The 6th grade instructor, Mr. Wynn, is awesome! The 8:45 start time is great as it allows young children to sleep in a little longer which is very important I feel. Unlike Eastvale, The traffic to drop off and pick up is minimal and there is plenty of parking all around the school. I have not heard of any bullying or problems with the students - quite the opposite they are "down to earth" country kids! Please believe me this is an awesome school and the best kept secret in the district! If this was not so, I wouldn't be posting this review. My only regret is that I only have 5 stars and wish I could rate it 6.

Norco Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2014
Extremely disappointed with the new principal. Not involved with what's going in the school and you see very little of her. I had a concern that I brought to her attention and she took absolutely no actions to try and rectify the situation and lacked professionalism. It is my opinion that the district got it very wrong when placing her in Norco.

Posted November 25, 2013
I went to Norco Elementary from 2006-2009 and from a student's perspective, there was no other school that could have taught me the skills/values that Norco instilled into from day ONE of being at the school. I was enrolled towards the end of my third grade year and put into a regular class; they then transferred me to the GATE program a few weeks later and I must say both the GATE program and the regular education are phenomenal. The teachers truly care for not only the students they are teaching but also the curriculum they are supplying their students with. We did so much in the GATE program I can't say there was a moment I fell victim to boredom; from field trips to camping indoors (3rd grade) to Indian day (4th grade) to the GATE plays (every year!!!) and so much more. The GATE teachers at Norco made me excited to learn and any child would be extremely lucky to be put in this specific program because there are DEFINITELY very few like it.

Norco Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2013
The new principal is NOT as efficient or involved as the previous. I am not at all happy with the struggles I have had with the new GATE teacher as well. Mrs. Larson is wonderful and so is the office staff. I believe that their rating will go down, they have for me.

Posted August 07, 2012
This Is A Very Good School. It Has Very Nice Teachers. The GATE Program Is Really, Really Good. The Principal Is Very Knowledgable! There Is A Good Amount Of PArent Involvment Too! All In All, This Is A Awesome School!

Posted February 08, 2011
I love this school. When I enrolled my daughter in kindergarten, I wondered how much the school had changed since I attended 20 years ago. With all the negativity surrounding kids and schools that we hear about today, I was a little worried. I'm happy to report that, if anything, I think it's gotten better. The principal is very pleasant and my daughter's teacher, Ms. Williams, is excellent. I'm so lucky my daughter was assigned to her class.

Norco Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2010
I have 4 children that currently attend Norco EL. I think the school has gone down downhill compare to what it was 2 years ago. Very dissapointed in quality of some teachers. There are better schools in the area. Parents do your homework. I also want to add the office staff is wonderful!

Posted May 14, 2010
I attended this school from 1969 to 1973. My Daughter attended 1993 to 1999. My son is in kindergarten there now . . . Teachers and staff are excellent!! Activities are fun and educational. PTA is great!

Posted January 04, 2010

Norco Elementary School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
small school with lots of involved parents and good teachers.

Norco Elementary School
1700 Temescal Avenue, Norco, CA  92860
Last modified Norco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norco Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top