Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 02, 2015
Mrs. Avery King (Ms. Danieri) she was my son's first teacher. Her love for her work shows, she very patient, kind and is just an excellent person. He developed a great of school and we owe it to her.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 02, 2015
So far my son has experienced only caring and loving teachers who push him to excel.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 02, 2015
I do not know because I have nothing to compare it to. My son has not complained to much about it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 02, 2015
Yes, the school motto says it all. Students are thought to be responsible for themselves and their actions.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2015
We were a little unsure about this school because of the overall rating but we have been pleasantly surprised. Our son is doing so well and has grown so much in his academics. The staff is super friendly and always there to hear our concerns. We are very happy with Sierra Viste Elementary.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2011
This school is a joke when it comes to parking. The new parking system is the worst I've ever seen. The grounds keeper will go out of her way to not help you. As far as Teachers go they are so so but not great. I would like to see alot more effort.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 5

Posted August 14, 2009
Great principal and awsome teachers my son is a student and my daughter will be there 2010

Sierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2008
Just prior to Sierra Vista Elementary, we attended a newer school that is very academic focused. I was worried about the level of academic focus that our children would receive due to the 'rumors' and the age of the school. I have been pleasantly surprised. This school offers my children level appropriate academics. The teachers have met with me whenever I need to discuss my children and their progress and there is a closeness among the children attending this school. We have found that this school emphasizes socialization amongst ALL of the children. There are 'old' values here. Everyone knows each other here and they all pitch in to help each other. It has a feeling of a big family.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 5

Posted September 29, 2007
My son is involved in the Special Education Program at Sierra Vista and the teachers that I have been in contact with have been great. His first through third grade teacher gave him a routine he could follow and got him to be able to work alone. He is now going into the fourth through sixth grade and his teacher is amazing. The one thing that we have wanted is for our son to be challenged and she is really on top of that and doesn't tollerate any garbage in class. She is very helpful and responsive. I believe in this school and its staff as far as the Special Education Program is concerned. They are great.

Posted August 15, 2007
I do like the growth in this school, there academic level is growing. I would like to see more activities like Red Ribon Day, Earth Day where children could learn the importance of planted trees and care for them. Also would be more interested if more field trip would be added, so children would be able to interact with their social and academic invironment with other children.This are only some of the ideas that I could afford and hope soon I can joint them in their projects. Blanca Guevara mother of 4th and 5th grades.

3560 Corona Avenue, Norco, CA  92860-1407
Last modified Sierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.