Posted May 16, 2014
George Washinton is a really good school, I transfer my son on November and I see a lot of good changes how he is learning on this new school his teacher is one of the best teachers the he never had before Her name is Mrs: HOLMES she is a 4th grade teacher on George Washinton Elementery. Mrs: Holmes is professional and she does care about her studens. Thank you Mrs: Holme

George Washington Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Washington Elementary is one of the best schools in all of California. Washington Elementary has some of the most amazing and talented teachers. These teachers not only teach, but they have the talent to encourage and inspired my two sons. Sra. Rios has had both of my sons in her class and she is just amazing. Sr. Andrade is also an amazing and talented teacher, and soon both of my sons will have had Sr. Andrade. These two instructors should be role models for all other teachers. Teaching is not just about covering what the state requires; its about motivating the children to learn and to enjoy learning. It's about caring about their students and putting in the 100%+ effort. Children learn from their examples and these teachers have set an A+ example for their teachers. These are instructors that the students will come back and visit even after they have completed high school and college. This 'rating' is to show my appreciation for their kindness, their skills and their efforts in not only teaching my children, but also setting a great example for them on how to become better 'individuals'. Sr. Andrade and Sra. Rios you are 'Awesome", and I want to thank you for all your efforts!

Posted April 28, 2014
I agree the dual program is absolutely great, unfortunately the rest of the children are only taught the basic and I know they can be challenged academically. Principle should look into the upper grade teachers on making sure they are preparing them for middle school. Following up on academic enrichment lesson plans that get into practice. Teachers might be gentle and happy but children also need teachers to believe in their learning abilities to succeed in the real world. Teachers can built on them good learning habits by sending more homework or projects, not one yearly project or one weekly homework, children are capable !

Posted November 20, 2013
Every time I read someone lobbying for or against people whether it refers to a Teacher, Asst. Principal. or Principal, I am reminded of how political schools have become. It is seldom about the kids and all too often about the personal agendas of individuals. All I can say about this school is that it is great, with all the staff and administrators doing the very best with what they have. None of them have enough time in any day to meet every want but they do their best. The kids are awesome and the school has made great progress over the past several years, far beyond what it had accomplished in the years prior. I am grateful for all the teachers, staff, and administrators.

Posted August 11, 2013
My child attends Washington Elementary in the dual immersion program. Her and I love the program and the teachers. The only thing I see that is wrong, is with the principal not allowing parents in the lower grades to walk their children to their rooms in the morning on the first day of school. It was s o unorganized and lots of children were crying and not knowing where to go. I understand the reason the principle wants a closed campus for safety reasons, but the first couple of weeks would have been ok for the parents and the children to become aware of where to go and then after the first couple of weeks make it a closed campus. Some of the children got lost in the school and didn't know where to go. Other then this the teachers and office staff, especially Danelle, are very nice and helpful.

Posted August 08, 2013
This school is very unorganized. I don't feel welcomed and now I'm a bit concerned on to what the treatment will be towards my child. Paperwork doesn't get filed or processed on a timely matter. It amazes me on how this school is even running. They should get a better computer system so that their files don't get lost, AGAIN. They need to hire more organized people to help them run that place.

Posted March 07, 2013
Washington is only getting better! This year the school has started a new program for parents to become more involved called Eagle Eye. Any parent that fills out the proper paperwork, fingerprinting etc. may participate. The objective of the program is to have parent volunteers positioned throughout the school catching students doing something good. Kids love receiving an Eagle Feather as a reward for their positive behavior. I for one appreciate the fact that as a whole Washington is focusing more on the positive than the negative. Thanks again Washington!!

Posted March 04, 2013
Don't send your kid here. Safety is an issue. My kid was physically shoved by an older bigger kid and I complained to principal and vice principal but yet still nothing was done to the kid who shoved my daughter. Also the entry routes to drop off and pick up kids is like 91 freeway. You will be parked in line for a while out on main street just to get on the drop Off/ pick up route for your kid. Looking into private schools in the area. Also testing scores are not so great.

Posted September 05, 2012
I have been to many schools and dealt with the office staff. Washington has one of the best staff. They are welcoming to those that enter the office. They are quite helpful to students that come to the office. They really get to know the students. I also like the sense of humor the office staff has. Additionally, the teachers are quite friendly to visitors, more so than many other schools.

Posted August 27, 2012
I have been with Washington for several years now and I have seen some changes good and bad. The one thing that has not changed is the professionalism of our office staff. The first people you meet when you register your kids in school is the office staff and my kids love them! They want to include them in birthday celebrations lol. My daughter wants a "Barbie Birthday Party" and asked if Barbie could come. lol I came to realize she meant the principal. lol The teachers are outstanding. The many programs they offer are fantastic and my kids love them. Did I say I am also a neighbor to the school? We have a new PTA president this year and I have seen her everyday and many days prior to school opening. When I saw her during summer and she said hi and we talked for quite awhile. She was just checking on the school and was concerned about the increase in the local graffiti and was asking if we had a neighborhood watch in place. OMG!!! I feel like between the office being a place my kids are not afraid to go to and great teachers and a PTA that not only cares for my kids but also my neighborhood! Good job Washington you got the whole package going on!! Keep it up!

George Washington Elementary School
1220 West Parkridge Avenue, Norco, CA  92860
Last modified George Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top