Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have two children that have attended the dual immersion program since kinder at Washington Elementary. Both of my children are very honest students, and I have to say that the teachers at Washington Elementary attributed to this. The teachers have always treated them with respect and fairness.

The Dual Immersion Teachers at Washington Elementary are Awesome. They have all been so willing to go above and beyond. I can't thank them enough!

George Washinton is a really good school, I transfer my son on November and I see a lot of good changes how he is learning on this new school his teacher is one of the best teachers the he never had before Her name is Mrs: HOLMES she is a 4th grade teacher on George Washinton Elementery. Mrs: Holmes is professional and she does care about her studens. Thank you Mrs: Holme

Washington Elementary is one of the best schools in all of California. Washington Elementary has some of the most amazing and talented teachers. These teachers not only teach, but they have the talent to encourage and inspired my two sons. Sra. Rios has had both of my sons in her class and she is just amazing. Sr. Andrade is also an amazing and talented teacher, and soon both of my sons will have had Sr. Andrade. These two instructors should be role models for all other teachers. Teaching is not just about covering what the state requires; its about motivating the children to learn and to enjoy learning. It's about caring about their students and putting in the 100%+ effort. Children learn from their examples and these teachers have set an A+ example for their teachers. These are instructors that the students will come back and visit even after they have completed high school and college. This 'rating' is to show my appreciation for their kindness, their skills and their efforts in not only teaching my children, but also setting a great example for them on how to become better 'individuals'. Sr. Andrade and Sra. Rios you are 'Awesome", and I want to thank you for all your efforts!

I agree the dual program is absolutely great, unfortunately the rest of the children are only taught the basic and I know they can be challenged academically. Principle should look into the upper grade teachers on making sure they are preparing them for middle school. Following up on academic enrichment lesson plans that get into practice. Teachers might be gentle and happy but children also need teachers to believe in their learning abilities to succeed in the real world. Teachers can built on them good learning habits by sending more homework or projects, not one yearly project or one weekly homework, children are capable !

Every time I read someone lobbying for or against people whether it refers to a Teacher, Asst. Principal. or Principal, I am reminded of how political schools have become. It is seldom about the kids and all too often about the personal agendas of individuals. All I can say about this school is that it is great, with all the staff and administrators doing the very best with what they have. None of them have enough time in any day to meet every want but they do their best. The kids are awesome and the school has made great progress over the past several years, far beyond what it had accomplished in the years prior. I am grateful for all the teachers, staff, and administrators.

My child attends Washington Elementary in the dual immersion program. Her and I love the program and the teachers. The only thing I see that is wrong, is with the principal not allowing parents in the lower grades to walk their children to their rooms in the morning on the first day of school. It was s o unorganized and lots of children were crying and not knowing where to go. I understand the reason the principle wants a closed campus for safety reasons, but the first couple of weeks would have been ok for the parents and the children to become aware of where to go and then after the first couple of weeks make it a closed campus. Some of the children got lost in the school and didn't know where to go. Other then this the teachers and office staff, especially Danelle, are very nice and helpful.

This school is very unorganized. I don't feel welcomed and now I'm a bit concerned on to what the treatment will be towards my child. Paperwork doesn't get filed or processed on a timely matter. It amazes me on how this school is even running. They should get a better computer system so that their files don't get lost, AGAIN. They need to hire more organized people to help them run that place.

Washington is only getting better! This year the school has started a new program for parents to become more involved called Eagle Eye. Any parent that fills out the proper paperwork, fingerprinting etc. may participate. The objective of the program is to have parent volunteers positioned throughout the school catching students doing something good. Kids love receiving an Eagle Feather as a reward for their positive behavior. I for one appreciate the fact that as a whole Washington is focusing more on the positive than the negative. Thanks again Washington!!

Don't send your kid here. Safety is an issue. My kid was physically shoved by an older bigger kid and I complained to principal and vice principal but yet still nothing was done to the kid who shoved my daughter. Also the entry routes to drop off and pick up kids is like 91 freeway. You will be parked in line for a while out on main street just to get on the drop Off/ pick up route for your kid. Looking into private schools in the area. Also testing scores are not so great.

Last modified George Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.