Public charter
North Highlands, CA

Creative Connections Arts Academy 4

Posted October 07, 2014
I dont know why people are always hating on this school. Complaining about how a school a school that has been open for around 5 years lacks classes is just ridiculous. or when people complain about the school requiring a body count to stay open. You know what school shut down when they had a body count... Columbine.

Posted October 24, 2013
We put our child here because he was so advanced the teachers nor the principle wanted to deal with himin his regular public school. It is the same school district. They continued to push us for 2 years to put him on ADHD medication and even wrote letters for us to give to his doctor. Our Doctor said they needed to learn how to teach. Our child was in 2nd grade and reading at 7th grade level. I made them change his teacher and I was warned by the principle it could make it worse and it did. He no longer wanted to go to school. He would fake sick. This is a child that even when sick would not stay home, he loved school that much. In 3rd grade he got 100 percent on the California State Exam. Teachers still pushed for us to put him on medication. We finally got him in CCAA this is his first year 4th grade. He is an A student, loves his school, his teacher, Drama, Music and can't wait to go to school. We love the Staff and Teachers, there is so much family involvement. I can't say enough good about this school. They saved our Child and gave him back the love of learning again.

Posted September 17, 2013
Don't understand all the negativity about the high school - I graduated from here last year and am now attending my dream university. This is the ONLY high school you'll ever attend where the teachers actually care about you and care that you succeed. Any high school is what you make it, so if your child missed out on the events offered by the high school, that's on them. Saying that this isn't a real high school because our prom isn't paid for by the school, what?!?!? Do you not realize that any other high school prom would cost about $150 per student - plus dinner, plus pictures, plus transportation, plus dress or tux? CCAA is sooooooo fortunate to have such supportive staff and families willing to help with fundraisers to reduce the cost of these events - the junior prom was only $50 and that included dinner, the dance, a cruise on the river, and pictures. Please tell me where you would find that anywhere else. Anyways, students at CCAA are the most friendly and helpful, I made my lifelong friends here. And the school counselor Ms. Hanson, gotta give her a shout out! She's honestly the BEST. And about the AP classes, I didn't have any and it didn't set me back AT ALL. Love CCAA!

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is very family oriented and a place where students feel cared for because of a wonderful administration and teachers who believe that each child can be successful and are valuable to the success of the school. Even though it is a small school, there are so many activities going on each month that help promote the family atmosphere at the school and help staff, students and parents feel more connected. It is a joy to be part of this unique environment.

Creative Connections Arts Academy 3

Posted August 08, 2013
This is our 4th yr & thankfully it will be our last.I feel that my hs student has lost out on a great education & on a lot of hs activities.Nothing was planned last yr for the 1st grad class except for a senior brkft I struggle with most events & field trips are planned for the K-8th grade. 6-8th grade got a grad field trip.Check all the hs they get a grad night or an option for a classs trip.My child loves the small feel of the school but they don t offer AP classes & no longer go outside the school to get these classes unless you get accepted at the college level. I m waiting to see if the principal makes any changes being that this is her 2nd year (she was not involved last yr). I'm not actively involved as I would normally be & I rarely make donations because everything is geared for K-8. Someone mentioned that CCAA is 2 schools, you might want to recheck that info because the school says we are all one but money raised doesn t go towards the hs or events they go towards the K-8th.The school did not even help pay for the jr/sr prom, that $ was all raised by the students and the balance was paid for by parents. So some kids couldn t afford to attend, again this is not a true hs.

Posted August 07, 2013
My daughters has gone to Creative Connections for two years and not only do we love it but she loves it too. Twin Rivers doesn't have very many good schools in its districts so when I found this school I was ecstatic. I did allot of research from test scores to California standards and the whole nine yards and Creative Connections showed me that there is always a diamond in the rough. Our family is very happy with this school and would recommend it to anyone who actually cares what type of school their child goes to.

Creative Connections Arts Academy 1

Posted June 26, 2013
i went to this school for one year, that's all it took. it was a poor environment for learning, for artistic advancement, and for the growth of a child. during my year here i got bullied, beat up, tried committing suicide, got depression (that is still with me today), got poor grades, and started to get obese. i want to just warn anybody that wants to bring your child here that it's your choice but i wouldn't advise it.

Posted February 15, 2013
My daughter is currently in the Kindergarten class and has been flourishing under the direction of the teachers and staff at the elementary site. This school has a lot of need for parent participation in order for all the activities and programs to run smoothly, but I believe that parent participation is a cornerstone of my child's education, so we see eye to eye there. There are many creative outlets available to the children and performing arts are strongly stressed hence the school name. We drive from the Natomas area to bring my daughter to this school and it is worth the commute. She is happy and learning at a pace that reflects her abilities.

Creative Connections Arts Academy 1

Posted October 23, 2011
Im in 7th grade here and have been here since 4th grade. I want to go back to my old school because i dont like this school and the kids are rude and the rules are loose but tight too :(

Creative Connections Arts Academy 4

Posted August 23, 2011
i'm a parent of a high school student i feel that high school students tend to be left off. Events are geared at the K-8th. There is a major lack of communciation to the parents. Being the 2nd yr for H.S i would have execpted to see some improvements but instead its the same as last year. I can not comment on the teachers as all of them but 1 is new and i have not had a chance to meet and gather my opionion. the prinicipal needs to understand that there are WORKING PARENTS and needs to paln things accordingly. Principal great idea but if there is no answers to the questions are parents to know what is happening. E-mails are sent out the last second, the website is not upate with current teacher info, buit the elem website is update and current. My child enjoys the school and wants to continue attending but there really needs to be some attention paid to the High School so it can continue to grow. Maybe listening to the kids and stopping meetings during they day and events, Us working parents would like to voice our opionions and enjoy the shows as well.//

Creative Connections Arts Academy
7201 Arutas Drive, North Highlands, CA  95660
Last modified Creative Connections Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creative Connections Arts Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 179 reviews. Top