North Hills, CA

Lassen Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2014
Three of my children have attended this school. My youngest one graduated last year. Even though he was not in the "gifted" class, he received a wonderful education. Don't send your child here if you're planning on being part of the PTO. I can tell you from personal experience that what the parents say, want, desire for the children's school, does not matter. The principal will always do what she wants. She will manipulate things. She makes you believe she listens to you and that your word is valuable, yet she does what she wants. Parents don't feel welcomed at this school.

Posted May 10, 2014
Terrible experience, the teachers are adequate, however the staff is a group of fools. They do not pay any attention to the students, the obscenities that I've heard little 1st graders say are unspeakably terrible, bullying is an enormous problem, and the staff just stands around doing nothing about it. Please do not send your child here for the sake of their childhood.

Posted October 15, 2013
The only thing at Lassen that deserves even one star are the few teachers there that are any good. I worked there for 14 years and only left because of the principal, she's a dictator that makes the staff miserable. I was hoping she would leave because I truly loved Lassen but over 90 staff members have left since Ms. Carter came to Lassen. Parents don't want to be in the PTA because Carter illegally holds the money and counts and controls the money after fundraisers. Morale of staff declines every year which directly effects the structure, teaching and learning that go on.

Posted July 30, 2013
My daughter will be attending her 5th year at this school. I have loved all her teachers. They have great communication with the parents. She has had some assignments that are time consuming but are a great learning tool. She will be going into third grade and she already got exposed to doing research papers and interviews. I am glad that I found this school.

Lassen Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2013
Great school! My son graduated from this school three years ago and now my daughter is going to kinder here. They have a dance class for the 4th and 5th grades called "best foot forward" where they teach the kids how to ball room dance where they compete with other schools. They also have a computer class where they have an instructor from "computerwise kids" come three times a week to teach 3rd 4th and 5th grades computer skills like how to make a presentation on power point. Unfortunately due to budget cuts they cannot provide it for the rest of the grades and they may not even have this program for the upcoming year. So if any parents out there reading this and if you have any ideas on how to keep this program please come on out and be involved in the PTA and ELAC! We need your help parents! I would give the school five stars if there was more parent participation in the meetings we hold monthly. Especially when we review the budget.

Posted September 21, 2009

Lassen Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 31, 2009
This school is pretty bad. The teachers here are okay but some of them just don't care. The kids here curse like there's no tomorrow and my kids come home saying they don't learn much throughout the day. This is why we're pulling our youngest from this school and sending her somewhere else.

Posted September 25, 2008

Lassen Elementary School 0

Posted August 30, 2008
The teachers at Lassen are diligent at providing an excellent education. The Open Court curriculum can be restricting in allowing for time to teach other subjects and this can only happen with more parental involvement. There is a small percentage of parents who support us frequently, but we need all parents to share our strong values in education, respect, and diligence. We need parents to make sure that test scores are not measuring their child's worth and that school should be joyful to include learning about life, not just the inside of a textbook.

Lassen Elementary School
15017 Superior Street, North Hills, CA  91343
Last modified Lassen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lassen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top