North Hills, CA

Posted April 08, 2014
My son is in the third grade and enjoys going to Mayall. He started going here in 2nd grade. he has learned a lot from his teachers. The principal is very hands on and makes her presence known from assisting in morning drop off car lane to saying hello to all at the school events. I would recommend this school.

Mayall Street Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My son is in 5th grade in Mrs. Dubois' class. He is extremely shy and has blossomed in her class. He enjoys coming to school and learning. He goes home excited every day to tell me about what he has done and learned. What a gem! I can only hope his middle school teachers will be as great!

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten this year she loves it. That she has one of the best nice teachers . They have a great staff

Posted August 22, 2013
I have two grandchildren attending Mayall Street Elementary. This is my grandson's third year there. His kindergarten and first-grade teachers were very different in their teaching styles, and both provided excellent learning experiences for him. My granddaughter started kindergarten this year, and we are very impressed with her teacher and her organized, caring approach to her students and their families. Both of my grandchildren's teachers have gotten this year off to a positive start for us. To make my rating "excellent," there would have to be a nurse available full time to address the medical needs of one of my grandchildren. Although it is a LAUSD decision--rather than a Mayall decision--to not provide the care that is due him by law, it does affect our interaction with school personnel who try to accommodate his needs but are not always able to do so.

Posted August 09, 2013
I'm a mayall graduate! I love this school so much! The teachers are very friendly! I miss u mrs. Shellenberger! The lessons are very challenging, and the pupils are very friendly! And most, the principal, mrs.linda Kim, she has done so much to help the school improve. I recommend mayall to elementary kids because I know it will help them have a better and safer education. I thank you mayall for helping me stay strong and live happy!

Posted June 10, 2013
Our experience at Mayall St Elem was great. The teacher my daughter had for Kindergarden had great communication through email and sent home letters. My daughter learned so much from her and the TA. Mrs. Kim, the principal is so involved with making a difference at the school and trying to get parents involved. She's so cute in showing school spirit. I know she's trying her best to better the school. It was great disappointment to know they were not approved for Magnet Program, but what did you expect when only 5 parents showed support in the meeting! The principal and teachers did such a great presentation, but sad to see only about 5 parents in the meeting. My only negative is LA's Best, my daughter was in the program and as much as she loved her coaches the only down fall was "homework time." I understand there is 1 coach to about 24 students but having some of the older kids as "helpers" only made things worst when it came to "homework time." My daughter would come home with incorrect homework, so when it came for her to correct it at home she would be upset because she had to do homework again. Reason why coach couldn't help, she was on the phone. Very disappointing.

Mayall Street Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2012
Our experience with this school was a "train-wreck." The principal sent out three memos - one before the school year began and two within the first week of school. Each memo contained misspellings, grammatical errors, and poor sentence structure. (And, this was from an educator!) Besides lunch and recess, my son could not tell me what he had done - and my kid will tell you everything! As it turns out, he had done nothing in class! He was never called upon nor addressed in any manner. After the second day, I lifted up his shirt and found bug bites all over his body. One of the other children in the classroom had a case of bedbugs and "shared" it with his friends! I had to clean everything my son's clothing had come in contact with. The after-school program was a complete joke. I was even reprimanded for arriving before 6:00pm to pick up my son because (as I was told) "it would affect their funding." However, after filling out a few documents to acknowledge I was taking my son out of school "early" it dawned on me that I was never asked for my identification! I could have walked out with any child! It took less than a week for us to realize that this wasn t working.

Mayall Street Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2012
I used to have 2 daughters at this school and I don't have problems with the principal. But this year with the new principal , she's not that good as others. She doesn't know how to communicate with the teachers and parents. Every time you complain is not addressed properly and not corrected. No good for the student to stay here as long she is the principal.

Posted December 04, 2011
The school is pretty good but the after school program is AWFUL! If you have any other option choose that because the L.A's Best staff does NOT properly supervise the children and certainly does NOT help with homework. I'm starting to think my first grader would be safer being watched my a pack of wolves!

Posted June 22, 2011
My son has been attending their preschoo/ prek programm all year and has loved it. His teacher, Siu Solomon, is great. He has learned so much. Ms. Solomon is a great assett to the school and I was so sorry to hear she is no longer going to be there. Teachers like her are one in a million. She is caring, welll informed and is great in keeping parents involved and up to date of their kids.

Mayall Street Elementary School
16701 Mayall Street, North Hills, CA  91343
Last modified Mayall Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayall Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top