North Hills, CA
Students enrolled: 2,513

James Monroe High School 1

Posted November 24, 2014
the councelor on this site Mr Martinez he is very incompetent and does no care for the children ... I personally talked to him and he said to me that .. he had a lot of children to look after and he didn't guarantee anything that it all depended on my child to follow up ... seriously ... this is why he gets payed but I will proceed all my needs to let the district now ...

Posted April 20, 2010

James Monroe High School 1

Posted April 14, 2009
I came to this school having come from a very high achiving high school with a much better enviornment and education. This school does have its share of highs including the SAS program which is very well set on giving kids more opportunities, but there lows are much greater. Having been in the SAS program I have heard quite enough about polictics where it doesn't belong. I also feel the school is very much behind other schools in technology and policies hopefuly they improve with time. Overall the students are not as bad as people portray them to be but are actually great all around students.

James Monroe High School 0

Posted November 17, 2008
It seems to be a very organized school and has potential.

Posted October 22, 2008
Most people think that the only good thing about James Monroe High School is Law and Government Magnet Program. I am in a better program called School for Advanced Studies here in Monroe. This program allows us to take AP classes that we want to take, allows us to grow together as a family, and prepares us for college. It is a much better program than magnet and everyone should be in it simply because it challenges way more than magnet. Also magnet does not give AP classes to there students. Anyone who is willing to learn and do well in school especially in college should be in S.A.S. We have wonderful teachers who take the time to sit down and help you with whatever problems you have. Dr. Clark is one if the best if not the best English teacher Monroe has.

James Monroe High School 3

Posted August 16, 2008

James Monroe High School 4

Posted March 25, 2008
this school is not what it appears to be as a SAS student i know about the oportinies that are offered. The SAS students take the most AP classes and exel in other things such as extracaricular activities. We go to outside of school fildtrips such as snowboarding and to cruises. It offeres great opportunities to those who want to succesed

Posted September 30, 2007
- a former student
As a 2007 graduate of the Law and Government Magnet and Police Academy Programs, I cannot help but rave about the wonderful education I have received! With six smaller learning communities on campus there is something for every student. Whether you want to be a lawyer, chef, fire personnel, teacher, or mechanical engineer, you can find it at Monroe. We have one of the best Speech and Debate teams in the San Fernando Valley and have brought home numerous awards. Our sports teams are remarkably improving as time goes on. Almost 98% of our 2007 graduating seniors from the Law and Government and Police Academy Programs are attending accredited Colleges and Universities fro the Fall 2007 Semester. We were nurtured since ninth grade and were prepared for obstacles and challenges that life brings. Amazing career opportunities and phenomenal teachers!

Posted September 06, 2007

James Monroe High School 4

Posted July 11, 2007
i really want my son to achive in this school. i really think its a great school it has many programs to support the childrens education.

James Monroe High School
9229 Haskell Avenue, North Hills, CA  91343
Last modified James Monroe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Monroe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top