Posted October 25, 2013
The sixth grade teachers were incredibly tuned in to their kids and worked together to implement their challenging curriculum. Most are still there. .ALL of my son's friends who went from Sepulveda middle School to the various Van Nuys High magnet programs entered excellent colleges this fall...UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Riverside, Colorado Air Force Academy, Fisk Some with substantial scholarships. So, while I know that you are terrified of making the wrong choice for your child, I thought I would present a biggger picture to you. Middle School is a curious mix of children who have entered puberty late or early, who have embraced independence or who are reluctant to stray too far from under your wing. There is no other population quite like it. It is with conviction that I tell you that Francisco Sepulveda has the resources, the will and the desire to see your child succeed. So take a deep breath, and jump.

Posted September 26, 2013
this is a great school and also a good gifted magnet school and my son is cool

Posted March 07, 2012
We are lucky enough to be in the Magnet program. The teacher team has proven themselves to be dedicated and compassionate and really understand the "gifted" child. It was difficult to decide, as a parent, hoping you make the right choice for your child. It always seems like a gamble. But during the tours last year, we kept coming back, something was "special" here. The best decision we ever made. Ultimately, it's about the teachers, and trusting your gut-feeling. I am so glad it led us here.

Posted March 29, 2011
i really like this school i attended 6th grade 08-09 and 7th grade 09-10 and i really like it. The teachers are very nice and at the end of the year they become reallyclose to the students unlike other schools where most of the teachers only went for the money and dont really care about the students sadly I moved and now i goto San Fernando MS and i wish i could go back to sepulveda because i miss all of my teachers and friends like Ms.perrigue ,Ms.david, Mr.Reid Ms.Todd, Ms.kolarek and more....

Francisco Sepulveda Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted January 16, 2010
I am in my second year at Sepulveda in the magnet and i love it. Reading the reviews there are more good ones than bad ones. I feel safe at the school and have never had any problems. They have allways had a a bully box that you can use anonymously and now they have it online at their website sepulvedams.org if you ever have any problems they fix it right away whether it be a bully or switching classes. the magnet parents can access the grades online. the campus is huge and there are alot of students but i dont feel that i do not get enough attention from the teachers. i once had a problem with the way a teacher treated me and i talked to the principal and it was quickly fixed. i love my school

Posted November 05, 2009

Francisco Sepulveda Middle School 0

Posted October 27, 2009
My son just entered as a 6th grader in the Magnet program and I can tell you from experience that they do NOT tolerate bullying. He had a problem the second week of school and it was handled immediately and has NO problems since then. It is a great school with outstanding teachers, staff and curriculum. I wasn't going to send him but now I wouldn't have him anywhere else!

Francisco Sepulveda Middle School 4

Posted September 23, 2009

Francisco Sepulveda Middle School 2

Posted August 26, 2009
The Gifted Magnet program at SMS is outstanding and the Magnet teachers are the same. My daughter's first year (6th grade) in the Magnet proved to be difficult due to the obvious differences between the regular side and the Gifted Magnet side. She and her magnet friends endured horrendous taunting and ridicule from the regular population. It was the beginning of 7th grade that I decided to look for another school. Half way thru her 7th grade she was assaulted in the gir's PE locker room by a girl from the regular side. I feel this happened due to lack of supervision. I'm happy to say that my daughter has been accepted at a different Magnet and has officially been 'checked out' of Sepulveda MS. We will miss the teachers and the curriculum, but not the racial issues and the academic issues that continue.

Francisco Sepulveda Middle School
15330 Plummer Street, North Hills, CA  91343
Last modified Francisco Sepulveda Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francisco Sepulveda Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top