Posted October 24, 2014
My kids love this school, even though they are in high school now they still go back and talk to their old teachers. My kids have great memories there from everyone there.

Posted April 15, 2014
My son loves this school. Everyone is so nice there. This is a great school.

Maurice Sendak Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2014
Parents, ... My daughter will be graduating from her this year, I am so confused about middle schools, only that Idon'twant her at Roy Romer. Please let me know what schools you're children went to, and some basic info onthem. Thank you...

Posted August 31, 2012
Sendak is a great school! The special ed staff are a very tight, award winning team who work together well, care about our school's families, and have strong professional skills. Mrs. O'Connor, our SDC teacher, runs a very "tight ship". The class is disciplined and academically oriented. Ms. Singer and Mrs. Albin, our RSP teachers, collaborate very well and try to meet each student's individual needs. We have agreements with community agencies to deliver counseling in the school for children with Medi-Cal, and counseling groups for children in special ed. I have been a school psyhcologist for 22 years and this is one of the best schools I've worked at.

Posted May 11, 2012
This is a great school, the teachers really get involved with your children's education. I am proud to say that my children are getting the best education at Sendak Elementary. The teacher's and staff always communicate about my children's behaviour and class performance. The principal's high leadership and Academic focus is what makes a difference at Sendak. I can't wait to see the next rating when this school will measure up with the state's high standarized rating. Sendak offers after school programs with some of the best staff who communicate on a daily basis with parents. Sendak also has some of the best teachers who really want your children to succeed (thank you to Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Herrera, Mr. O'Donell & Mrs.Simpson), you have made a difference in my children's education.

Posted September 11, 2011
the school's website is http://sendak-lausd-ca.schoolloop.com About 3/4 of the staff are spanish speaking. Our API increased about 20 points this year. Every year we are excelling in our goal of improving student achievement. We love our teachers, students and parents. We all work together as a team. If we didn't we would not show progress as we have been doing.

Maurice Sendak Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2011
There is no web site for this school. No one answers the phone after 4pm. There is no voice mail directory not even an old fashion answering machine. It has about 90% Latino student population and very few staff members speak spainish. There are no after school programs to assist slow learners. They started the year with not enough 4th grade teachers. No one from the district office returns phone calls. If you can afford it send your children to private schools and tutoring services.

Posted May 03, 2010
Our school is not just a staff and students we are a family. Everyone here at Maurice Sendak Elementary are dedicated to our school and helping our children become well rounded, successful members of the community,

Maurice Sendak Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
I like this school because I see that the principal is very passionate about her job even she has been a principal for a long long time. Besides, she is very on top of things happening at the school.

Posted April 15, 2010
I love Maurice Sendak El because the brand new buildings come alive with the spirit of hope, laughter, and the love of learning!

Maurice Sendak Elementary School
11414 West Tiara Street, North Hollywood, CA  91601
Last modified Maurice Sendak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maurice Sendak Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top