Camellia Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
Camellia ave is a nice school, I went there about 20 years ago, now my daughter will be going to 2nd grade, she had the best 1st grade teacher Mrs Horstman, I wish she would teach there but she has now retired from school. I really liked this school until the principal, staff and some parents decided to make this closed campus, that was the worse idea. This school consist of 99% hispanic students with parents that don't undertand much english, how will parents be able to find out of childrens needs since now we won't be able to talk to them. To be honest iam very very upset. I know I have the decision of moving her to another school, but since I live in the area I want to be able to take her to my elementry school. I hope principal and staff hear me out. Closed campus worst idea ever!!!!

Posted October 13, 2009

- a former student

Posted May 24, 2006
- a staff

Posted August 18, 2005
Great school, teachers and principal very involved and concerned with child and parent interaction.

Posted June 30, 2005

Posted March 14, 2005
Year round school, teachers move every 2 to 4 months, taking it's toll on teaching time and teacher's backs. While this is not an unusual situation, if appears to be the schools in the poorest neighborhoods with the greatest need that get the short end of the stick.

Posted February 19, 2005

Posted January 12, 2005
- a former student
My sisters attended this school about three years ago, so the information is not updated but it is mostly a school with children from low-income level households. Most students are hispanic.

Camellia Avenue Elementary School
7451 Camellia Avenue, North Hollywood, CA  91605
Last modified Camellia Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camellia Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.