Public charter
North Hollywood, CA

Colfax Charter Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2014
We have a child that has graduated and one that is still attending Colfax Charter. I find it amazing that this school has these 5 star reviews. " Anyone" and I mean anyone you ask that is being sincere and honest with you will tell you, "The Principal has to go!". The school has an underlying tone unkown to the general public or visitors of being run by a tyrant principal and her fearful staff. Parents, teachers, and staff members are literally "scared". The teachers are wonderful and so is the staff and they do their best under said conditions, but you do have an unsympathetic , uncaring, person at the helm and her scary inner follow orders circle; favoritism and politics galore. GREAT SCHOOLS.org is a wonderful organization and web site and its important that parents be VERY aware of of the rude awakening once you get by the campus initial fluff and smiles. The parents are wonderful(a bit over gossipy and judgmental of others and children) their inner group stays tight, so is PACE and The PTA. Once they get rid of the present principal the school will be all it can be. This is an honest and sincere nonjudgmental review, ask any parent and hope for the honest truth.

Posted September 02, 2014
This fantastic school is a gem, with creative kids, fabulous parents, an active and inclusive PTA and a great PACE fundraising organization. Other public schools ask for a larger annual giving donation, and most families are happy to give more to Colfax. We completely love the school and are thrilled to have our children be a part of such a great community in Los Angeles.

Colfax Charter Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
Overcrowded and very "clickish" school with an unprofessional gosspy Principal and teachers. I expected. better. The PTA moms act like over privileged mean girls. The parent involvement includes gossiping and over asserting their agenda. I hear office staff moan and complain about a kids IEP and the principle laughed along. Also, 600 dollars a year per child is expected from you yearly. This was not an issue for us as we came from private school but those in a lower income bracket beware.

Colfax Charter Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
Great parental involvement. Nice touches like farm animals, and small gardens around campus, violin lessons for all and keyboards as part of the math program. But if you have a high achieving / gifted kid there is no special programs at all. No real GATE program. Zilch. You might luck out and get a fantastic teacher (like Mrs. Gage or Dr. Fell) but special needs kids and gifted kids have the exact same classes and books and homework. A good school - with caring (if overworked) teachers. But it's getting way too overcrowded and we will look elsewhere for 4th grade.

Colfax Charter Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Terrible, horrible gossiping teacher who could care less about teaching. This school was the pitts. My kids hated it and so did we. the principal is a mean, snotty unprofessional as you can get, teacher, most are also. I give it a 1.

Posted April 20, 2014
I am a seventh grader who graduated from Colfax in 2012. It's a great school and has great academics and awesome teachers!! Thanks to Colfax, I am now in the science academy at Millikan (which is VERY hard to get into) and I was well prepared. Special thanks to Mrs. Gage, Mrs. Kip (who left the school the year I graduated), Dr. Fell, and Mrs. Craven!!!! I love you guys soooo much. The principle, Mrs. Gomez, is very supportable and I am so thankful to her. Staff is wonderful too--no wonder this school got a ten!! ;D

Posted September 27, 2013
I love Colfax, In my 6 years and 2 more years to go, I have been very pleased. My daughters Love been there. The teachers are wonderful, everyone of them is unique and has so much to offer the kids. The school is great because of it's teachers.

Posted September 27, 2013
I have 2 children who attend school at Colfax Charter. This school has heart! The teachers and support staff are phenomenal, the technology is on par with some of the most prestigious private schools around town and the parent volunteers define what it means to be a community!

Posted August 28, 2013
I am a parent of 1 child who completed Colfax. And 1 child that is currently in 4th grade. The compassion and attention given to each child is unmatched. My 4th grader is special needs. They way the school as a whole looks out for him is amazing. As a father who worries on a daily basis for him to be accepted for who he is, I will forever be greatful for the start in life this wonderful school has provided. Colfax is more like an extended family. They teuely beliece in no child left behind!!! With much thanks, David Alter

Posted August 05, 2013
We relocated to California from Oregon December 2011 and missed the cutoff at Colfax, so my twins finished 1st grade at Riverside. My twins were at Colfax all of 2nd grade and will be starting 3rd grade next week. My son had some difficulty with reading and believe the move and starting over made things more difficult. His 2nd grade teacher at Colfax really went above and beyond to help bring his reading and comprehension levels up and thank other staff members for this as well. His teacher got him involved in a group that met every Tuesday after school that helped him tremendously. Without his teacher's help and commitment to education by giving my son the tools to succeed, he would be struggling far more than before. Thank you!

Colfax Charter Elementary School
11724 Addison Street, North Hollywood, CA  91607
Last modified Colfax Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colfax Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 111 reviews. Top