North Hollywood, CA

Posted September 29, 2014
I've met 3 "principals" since the school started. My child has had to change teachers because his teacher left the school. We got a weekends notice... Very unorganized drop off and pick up situations. The teachers dismissal is a joke. The teacher my son did have couldn't even recall the name of the program they were teaching science with that year when asked at back to school night. She had to have a parent read it off of the box of textbooks. Im taking my son out of this school immediately and if you care about your childs education you would too.

Posted April 15, 2014
I can't believe this school is still in business and no one has sue them for the horrible way the school teats special needs students

Posted August 15, 2013
So far my children have had a wonderful experience. my kids were from out of state and the teacher and principal are very welcoming and helpful. the only thing i would imporve would be the dismissal dont feel like it is very organized. And the teacher to child ratio.

Posted August 13, 2013
I attended Lankershim from 1950 to 1955. All I can remember are good times, and teachers who cared about their charges. Three teachers stand out in my memory. Mrs. Hodges (kindergarten), Mr. Irwin Sobel, (6th grade) and one very special lady, Winifred Scribner, (1st grade). I dropped by around 20 years ago with my sister who also went there, and we visited with Mrs. Nichols my 2nd grade teacher. She was wonderful to talk to. Theodore Sobel

Posted August 12, 2013
my school is the best school.I have 2 wonderfull kids that have asist this school. and 1 that is going to 3rd grade.Im very happy we have a great principal.wonderfull ,teacher that I love. and that care for our childrens..can not leave out our hard working teacher assistant.there for that why my school is the best YOU GO LIONS LANKERSHIM ELEMTARY thankyou.

Posted March 31, 2013
So far so good. My child is in kindergarten, he/she is so far ahead in reading and writing. I don't remember ever learning all the stuff she knows when I was in kinder (25ish years ago). I've noticed some parents complain because of the rating on this website (5 out of 10)...PLEASE, the number 1 reason your child is not ahead or caught up with the rest of the class is primarily because of how much time the parent at home takes their time to help their child out. It's ridiculous to blame the neighborhood in which the school is in. There are primarily apartment building around this school, but that is no reason to put down the school...Your childs education starts at home!

Posted September 14, 2012
2012 - 2013 school year is off to a slow start. I can only hope that the staff and educators that took the responsibility to teach our children can rise up, and do the right thing.

Posted August 15, 2012
My son attended kindergarden this year and has an amazing teacher Mrs. B. She is kind and patient and holds the kids accountable to learn, i have noticed. The princible MR. principle was amazing also, during the first day of orientation he aswered many parents questions without us having to ask. It shows he has great leadership skills and his vision is strong that he leads his staff with. the ladies are the coolest and very knowledgable office administrators I have met, There is also a TA who is amazing. I know my son is in great hands, proud he attends this school!!

Posted June 24, 2012
My son just started going to Lankershim in Dec. The current principal has only been there for a little over a year. I'm impressed with his commitment to the kids & to the school. In just these 6 months there have been several volunteer clean-up/beautification events - one where Universal/NBC employees participated in painting inspirational murals throughout the school. And a literacy garden was planted complete with reading benches for the children. There have been many other events and fundraisers as well. The new principal's commitment is prompting parents to get more involved. Academically, my child is in the school's gifted class. The teachers are kind, smart and provide adequate discipline. The school's commitment to preparing the students for the CST exam was also impressive. I'd also attribute changes in the school to the rapid changes in the NoHo Arts District neighborhood where the school is located. Five years ago this neighborhood was an impoverished, "scary" place. Today it's filled with luxury apartments, boutiques, restaurants, theaters & a farmer's market. It's reputation as the hottest up-and-coming neighborhood in LA is clearly benefiting Lankershim.

Posted April 08, 2012
Parents are not always the best, but you can't judge the school by it's parents. The school works very hard to make this a welcoming and acheiveing school. Curb-side service, fundraisers, friendlier staff, and a hardworking principle is just one of the many positive changes. Acknowledging the shortcommings, i think Lankershim is becomming a very good school in this neigborhood! Hats to you!

Lankershim Elementary School
5250 Bakman Avenue, North Hollywood, CA  91601
Last modified Lankershim Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lankershim Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top