James Madison Middle School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
My son started to attend this school in the 6th grade. And I must say this is so far one of the worst schools I have seen or heard about. The students are awful, negativity all around, bulling, unfriendly and unhelpful personnel, with very few exceptions. They send students home when they sneeze accidentally, well, they send them to the nurse's office so the nurse calls you to go get your student (in reality, I don't know why the school has a nurse at all). Being a very mellow child, my son is emotionally distressed because of racial derogatory comments he gets, profanity, bulling he is not used to, and being a target for teachers who do not know or try to find out why and what is happening during class rather than having one target all the time, and much more. They do not give homework, very little. Classes are boring (I happened to attend a few), no excitement, no content, no interest, students have no interest whatsoever in classes (I am sure, there are exceptions, but these are only exceptions). In short, I am not having a good experience. Trying to find a different school. Awful, awful school.

Posted March 31, 2014
This school is good.i like this school.this school is clean and the teacher is good and everyone are good.

Posted November 11, 2013
I graduated from here back in 2009 and I wish I could go back every single day I absolutely loved it here. I got a great education, took honor classes with some of the most amazing teachers I've met. Now that I'm in college I still use some of the skills I learned back in middle school. Great staff, friendly and helpful teachers Not to mention a beautiful campus. - I will always be a bulldog

James Madison Middle School 4

Posted January 14, 2013
good teachers, beautiful surroundings, nice buddys, tasty food, comfortable environments, practical learning, a lot of good moments: GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted August 21, 2012
Great school! There are many enriching activities that foster a secure learning environment and a fantastic education for students.

Posted April 11, 2012
I have read the reviews here and the low numbers seem to come from those who are not educated or students who probably don't know any better. I am a parent here and a teacher in another district. Everyone I speak to there is helpful and it seems like the teachers care about the students. I saw a remark about amount of homework. HOMEWORK is not a baby sitter. Homework should only take about an hour at most. Homework should only reinforce the learned skills. So far a very good school.

Posted March 05, 2011
The staff and faculty of Madison Middle School strives to improve student learning so all students achieve high academic standards. To reach this goal, Madison s highest instructional priorities are: *to improve reading, writing and literacy skills across all grade levels *to improve skills in mathematics across all grade levels *to bring second language learners to English proficiency *to assist in the self-discovery of talents, skills and competencies in performing arts, technology, physical fitness and creative expression *to deliver focused professional development as the key to improving classroom practices and supporting the goal to moving all students to proficiencies. We strive to accomplish these goals together in a welcoming, supportive climate for our students, staff and parent partners.

James Madison Middle School 2

Posted March 03, 2010

Posted September 12, 2009

Posted August 28, 2009
My child goes there n there hasnt been any problems

James Madison Middle School
13000 Hart Street, North Hollywood, CA  91605
Last modified James Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Madison Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top