Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Toluca Lake Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2016
Ms. Iuculano for 1st grade and Mr. Murphy for 2nd grade, two very dedicated, strict yet fair teachers. My son loved going to school and excited about learning, especially with Mr. Murphy's Greek mythology section. Only didn't like how bullying was handled on administrative part. Conflict resolution needs more involvement, especially with problem students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 08, 2016
Mr. Murphy, one of the best teachers for 2'nd grade. Very dedicated, firm, fun, engaging...

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 11, 2015
Thank you to Mr. Daniel Murphy for his love of teaching which shows every day. Mr. Murphy let's his kids know that the high level of academics he expects them to embrace is well within their reach. Each morning BEFORE the bell starts the official day his classroom is half full with kids who'd rather start their schoolwork than play. Need I say more?

Posted December 11, 2015
The teachers and principal are committed and engaged and there is great parent involvement. As a parent I have always been encouraged to participate. I have personally observed the teachers and principals working well with children with behavioral issues. Like every school if you are an involved parent you will get better results.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 18, 2015
Thank you to our PTA President Martin Portillo and his wife Rosa. You both work tirelessly and our school is better for it!

Toluca Lake Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2015
My kids never loved to go to this school. Especially because of the teacher. At that time we have just moved to US and my boys didnt know a word in English. And the teacher didnt provide any drop of understanting. He was rude with my boys, no support and the principal never nice and helpful. I asked them to change teacher for my son, but they send my second son on a next year to the same teacher again. For the good behavior they give kids capengoods and once my son took one, but when they went back to class he took not his place on the floor so the teacher came to him took this capengood that is very hard to get from that teacher and tatter it in front of 5 years old kid. Each day at this school with this teacher was a stress for my boys. I am glad that we moved and now they love their new school very much.

Posted August 19, 2015
I have two boys at this school and it's been great. The staff and teachers are open and responsive (one of my boys has an IEP). As a parent I'm able to be involved in meaningful ways - last year the PTA arranged to have a beautiful garden installed - with the help of many parents and staff. The school is going the right direction and the kids are sweet (I've spent a lot of time on campus)

Posted August 19, 2015
My son continues to thrive at this school. A core group of committed teachers and parents make Toluca Lake a great school.

Toluca Lake Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2015
I have had nothing but trouble since day one at this school. There is no transparency about the curriculum or school experience unless you badger and insist for it. Parents can go months at a time without hearing anything about how or what their child is doing. The principal uses isolation and peer pressure (e.g. going into a classroom and publically asking all students what they saw on the yard in front of the accused child; taking away recess AND lunch from a 5-year old for weeks at a time...). I've gone to the school to observe only to find my child sitting outside in a chair by himself in the hallway. I absolutely would NOT recommend this school to any parent. I'm disappointed by what a negative kindergarten experience my child had. They are far too young to be hating school at that age. We certainly won't be back next year.

Posted May 13, 2015
I am very happy with this school. Our child is thriving with an exceptional teacher and feels supported by all of the positive reinforcement philosophy they implement. The school has wonderful exposure to outside resources and hands on field trips. When "shopping" schools, we almost passed up this school because of the lower rating but went to the Open House and New Parent School Tour and decided to give it a try after meeting the wonderful teachers and seeing what all our child would be exposed to. I'm so glad we looked further into this school and gave it a shot. Couldn't be more happy.

4840 Cahuenga Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA  91601-4799
Last modified Toluca Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.