North Hollywood, CA

Posted May 13, 2015
I am very happy with this school. Our child is thriving with an exceptional teacher and feels supported by all of the positive reinforcement philosophy they implement. The school has wonderful exposure to outside resources and hands on field trips. When "shopping" schools, we almost passed up this school because of the lower rating but went to the Open House and New Parent School Tour and decided to give it a try after meeting the wonderful teachers and seeing what all our child would be exposed to. I'm so glad we looked further into this school and gave it a shot. Couldn't be more happy.

Posted April 17, 2015
Do not recommend this school. Teachers and principle both very unprofessiona. Bad system and don't really care for the children. Beware of this school!

Posted October 21, 2014
Overall a very horrible school. The principal is horrible with a very bad attitude and disgusting persona. Both teachers my son has had have been very bad, under educated, no communication with parents. Flirting with husbands. All just bad!!

Posted October 06, 2014
Toluca is a great school. We have had a wonderful experience here. The teachers are truly engaged, the principal knowns most of the kids by name. I don't really care if she doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies, she makes my son feel safe. This school focuses on praising when the kids do well and being sent to the Principal's office for receiving a few "caught being good" certificates means they receive a small prize. I appreciate the positive reinforcement this school practices and I can really see it working with my son. The teachers are fabulous as well and are very well aware of any potential problems that might occur. I feel that there is a very open and direct line of contact with my son's teacher.

Posted September 04, 2014
Toluca Lake Elementary is on its way up! There is a true passion for education here, among teachers and staff. Small class sizes mean that teachers can nurture the students' individual gifts and help them move ahead, whether they are above, at, or below grade level. The high-achievers are challenged, while those needing extra help receive it.

Posted August 10, 2014
We have had a great experience at Toluca Lake! When my daughter started there last year I became a member of 2 school groups that work monthly with the principal and faculty and other parents on school matters so I could understand how a public school works and also to see what the staff and faculty were like. The teachers and principal are VERY dedicated to the school and to the kids. The only thing this school truly lacks is the Parent and Community involvement of a Rio Vista, Carpenter or Colfax. As far as the quality of education goes, I think Toluca Lake can compete with all of them no question. What needs to improve at this school is: School's communication with families (use email) about school events, ways to volunteer, etc. Needs more green space and play ground equipment, Parental/Community involvement, update in technology for office and classrooms.

Posted January 28, 2014
I would agree that the principal at this school is not always warm and fuzzy in adult interactions. I have had to work with her a few times and realize that this is just her personality. She genuinely seems concerned for the welfare of the children and their learning, and for that I over look the personality. I also appreciate her consistency. I try to stay involved with the PTA and the Parent Center while avoiding the politics. I have attended a few meetings that have seemed like I was walking into a high school girls locker room but have ignored the chilly atmosphere to see if I can help in anyway possible. Yes, it has its challenges from time to time, but I love the school and my son has had exceptional teachers each year. If you are willing to put in the work, ignore petty differences and get involved, you will find that this is a pretty great school!

Posted September 25, 2013
Overall we have had good experiences at the school. They are making great effort in getting the families involved. If everyone pitched in their grain of sand this school would soar.

Posted September 10, 2013
This school overall is a very good school starting but because of certain teachers and staff but is very poor because of the principal.. in charge she needs to go.. there been a lot of complaints of parents and they never do anything about it.. very rude principal and unprofessional..

Posted July 27, 2013
I'm very please with the discipline and focus my child has learned at this school. The staff is very efficient and dedicated!

Toluca Lake Elementary School
4840 Cahuenga Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA  91601
Last modified Toluca Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toluca Lake Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top