North Hollywood, CA

Posted October 06, 2014
Toluca is a great school. We have had a wonderful experience here. The teachers are truly engaged, the principal knowns most of the kids by name. I don't really care if she doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies, she makes my son feel safe. This school focuses on praising when the kids do well and being sent to the Principal's office for receiving a few "caught being good" certificates means they receive a small prize. I appreciate the positive reinforcement this school practices and I can really see it working with my son. The teachers are fabulous as well and are very well aware of any potential problems that might occur. I feel that there is a very open and direct line of contact with my son's teacher.

Posted September 04, 2014
Toluca Lake Elementary is on its way up! There is a true passion for education here, among teachers and staff. Small class sizes mean that teachers can nurture the students' individual gifts and help them move ahead, whether they are above, at, or below grade level. The high-achievers are challenged, while those needing extra help receive it.

Posted August 10, 2014
We have had a great experience at Toluca Lake! When my daughter started there last year I became a member of 2 school groups that work monthly with the principal and faculty and other parents on school matters so I could understand how a public school works and also to see what the staff and faculty were like. The teachers and principal are VERY dedicated to the school and to the kids. The only thing this school truly lacks is the Parent and Community involvement of a Rio Vista, Carpenter or Colfax. As far as the quality of education goes, I think Toluca Lake can compete with all of them no question. What needs to improve at this school is: School's communication with families (use email) about school events, ways to volunteer, etc. Needs more green space and play ground equipment, Parental/Community involvement, update in technology for office and classrooms.

Posted January 28, 2014
I would agree that the principal at this school is not always warm and fuzzy in adult interactions. I have had to work with her a few times and realize that this is just her personality. She genuinely seems concerned for the welfare of the children and their learning, and for that I over look the personality. I also appreciate her consistency. I try to stay involved with the PTA and the Parent Center while avoiding the politics. I have attended a few meetings that have seemed like I was walking into a high school girls locker room but have ignored the chilly atmosphere to see if I can help in anyway possible. Yes, it has its challenges from time to time, but I love the school and my son has had exceptional teachers each year. If you are willing to put in the work, ignore petty differences and get involved, you will find that this is a pretty great school!

Posted September 25, 2013
Overall we have had good experiences at the school. They are making great effort in getting the families involved. If everyone pitched in their grain of sand this school would soar.

Toluca Lake Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
This school overall is a very good school starting but because of certain teachers and staff but is very poor because of the principal.. in charge she needs to go.. there been a lot of complaints of parents and they never do anything about it.. very rude principal and unprofessional..

Posted July 27, 2013
I'm very please with the discipline and focus my child has learned at this school. The staff is very efficient and dedicated!

Toluca Lake Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2013
The principal at this school needs to be retained. A fellow student with physical disabilities at this school was kept from being integrated because the principal was uncomfortable with his presence...that parent removed their child, and the non-existent parental involvement caused me to yank my kid from this school! I couldn't get my child out of here fast enough! No challenges for the students, but they make sure to have a McDonald's night every other month. The priorities are all mixed up here. The parent center director seems to have a vendetta against the PTA and refuses to work as a team to benefit the students. Very disappointed in this school as it is in my neighborhood- but I'll homeschool instead as they watch too many DVDs instead of teaching and have ZERO field trips. Not very impressed by this school. The YMCA afterschool program offers more learning opportunities than the school does!!

Posted April 21, 2013
Hooray for small class sizes! The classes are manageable - rarely more than 20 in a classroom, and often fewer. This enables teachers to focus on the individual students' needs instead of being overwhelmed with 30-plus kids in one classroom, as is often the case in LAUSD and other districts. We are very pleased with Toluca Lake Elementary and the education our child is receiving there.

Toluca Lake Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2011
I am highly unsatisfied with most of the school staff and how they acted toward my family in a time of need. They were not supportive and in demand. They dis enrolled my child without a letter or contacting me and other issues that need not be said but I hope if you enroll your child here you do not have any issues with your child because they are not a caring staff team and as a school they are suppose to be there for the child and the parents.

Toluca Lake Elementary School
4840 Cahuenga Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA  91601
Last modified Toluca Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toluca Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top