Montessori Academy of North Hollywood

Private | K

Living in North Hollywood

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $275,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Sweep tile

Posted March 5, 2014

This school is a joke. The equipment is all old and worn. The teachers have one "go to" method of classroom management and seem flummoxed by children who are still learning how to behave in the classroom. The administration will happily take your money and tell you anything you want to hear to get those enrollment numbers/$ and then go back on their word. This is all first hand experience!

Posted November 20, 2008

My husband and I are so lucky we found this amazing little school. Our two children are years ahead of their peers at other schools. The staff is great, and really cares for their students. We cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted April 4, 2008

My son went to this school, but was taken out. The school is not very clean and the teachers in the day care class do all the work for the kids, so we do not get to see what our kids are really learning at school when they bring there work home at the end of the week. There hot lunch served there is not healthy and nutritional. On there web page, it is stated they are nurturing, but that is not true from my experience. Also, potty training was not enforced with my son, even though they said they would train him, and diapers were not changed, most of the time, so he would come home with a diaper rash!!!!!

Posted May 24, 2007

I think this school is really great! My daughter has learned so much from Pre-K to 1st grade. One of the teachers teaches Piano after school and there are lots of extracurricular activities for the kids to do like dancing, gymnastics, singing, Spanish classes etc. I really recommend this school.

Posted February 14, 2006

This school really is a hidden gem. We were just lucky to stumble upon it. The teachers and the principal are dedicated and have high expectations of all the children. The only thing that would make this school better in my opinion is a more robust foreign language program.

Posted January 30, 2006

Excellent school to built the foundation of my daugther's education. Now that is time for her to move to a new school the dedicated teachers are willing to tutor her whenever she'll need it

Posted January 11, 2006

This school is so dedicated and focus in to the best quality of education for my two kids, my daughter has been there for six yrs, and my son for two. The teachers believe that each child has their own potential and will learn at their own pace. Small groups make better learning. There could not be a better school for my kids.

Posted March 16, 2005

This school has been a fantastic experience for my daughter. She has been there for 3 years, and she is in K, but doing reading and math at a 2nd grade level. The teachers are incredibly nuturing, and the price is unbeatable in this area. The facilities are small, but the kids are learning like crazy. This has been a perfect school for my daughter. I only wish they went through 8th grade, then we would keep her here for the duration. I cannot stress enough how great of a school this is.

Ethnicity This school

Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6000 Ensign Avenue