Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 30, 2016
Kids who are so young should have SOME time at home before bed without studying! GIve them a rest!

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 30, 2016
I haven't seen this yet in the school, but I hope this is true in the future.

Balboa Gifted/High Ability Magnet Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2016
I can't comment academically as my son hasn't been attending long, but they excel on being RUDE. I've been treated poorly several times now, and I'm growing quite tired of it. I am planning to remove my son because I can't stand to be spoken to like this from a school that blatantly asks for a thousand dollar donation before we even began the school term.

Posted June 23, 2016
It's a great school my daughter will be starting third grade soon and has been really happy . It is challenging and they work really hard here and as a parent you work a lot with your kids for projects and assignments so you have to be commited if you want a great education and love your child being pushed to do the best they can then this is the best school for them

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 23, 2016
Ms. Hanley was my daughters teacher for second grade and I can't thank her enough she is truly amazing always going above and beyond working long hours to make sure everything is done always pays so much attention to each child and was always available to talk to you when needed she has left a print in our hearts if your child gets extremely lucky to have her as a teacher it will make a difference in his life I know she made a difference in my daughters life so for that THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 23, 2016
At times it feels like a lot because of all the projects along with the homework

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2016
The teachers are great always trying to have the kids learn and have fair play

Posted March 27, 2016
My Daughter, now a USC Arts and Business Major credits her successes due to going to Balboa Mag... My youngest son now goes there and could not be happier!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 03, 2015
Students are called scholars here. Part of being a scholar is honesty, integrity, self-motivation and treating others with respect.

Posted September 03, 2015
My son is in 2nd grade. This year's donation request is $350.00. I feel it's very reasonable since the school pays for PE, music, computer lab and science lab. Lasts year they also had art. I've never been pressured to donate and I know many parents don't but the quality of the teaching staff is great. I disagreed with the first day of school for the 1st graders because parents were told to leave their kids in the auditorium and then the kids were going to get tested. SURPRISE! But I see that there is a method to her madness. There were no tears by kids. The kids are treated with respect and given their independence. I've helped my kid with his project but it's always been his responsibility. If he does a poor job that's on him. So kids do DO their own projects if you stay out of it. The teachers here are ON POINT! Kids don't get away with slacking off. They are rewarded for good scholarly behavior and it's been great for his behavior at home also.

17020 Labrador Street, Northridge, CA  91325-1906
Last modified Balboa Gifted/High Ability Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.