Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework packets that come home don't always correlate with what's going on in the classroom. However, my daughter's teacher allowed for modification by the parents.

I could not be happier with this school. The principal, Mr. Merritt, always stands in the middle of the yard before school and stands outside after school. Ms. Flores is usually standing with him. Both will explain school procedures and answer any and all questions (and I asked ALOT this year). The office ladies never made me feel that my questions were annoying and they genuinely cared about my foster daughter. My foster daughter's teacher, Ms. Monahan, encouraged and nurtured her and helped bring her to grade level by the end of the year. My foster daughter's attitude about school took a complete turn for the better and she went looking forward to each day. I especially like the music and art programs that are incorporated on Fridays. The school also has after school piano lessons (for a fee - it's a company that comes on campus with keyboards). My youngest foster daughter starts in the fall and she can hardly wait!

My son teacher Mrs. Melody Bitter does such an amazing job! She is very fair, she makes time to talk to every student. She is very reliable.When I leave her a message she always makes the time to get back to me. Mrs. Bitter is very organized and detailed, she knows what she is doing. My son is in a small day class (IEP) his work performance has improved so much.My Hats off to you! Thank you Mrs.Bitter for your hard work and dedication.

Great teacher. .. and awesome students. .. my hat goes off the PTA...office staff & the Principle

It's a great school, my son teacher is wonderful and my son likes the school alot the only problem is that I have seen a lot of bullying going on there.

My daughter is about to complete her first year at Lorne and I couldn't be happier. She transferred from a school that had taken her motivation into one that has inspired her to learn more. As a parent, I am brought to tears that she is happier than ever to be here, but sad that i waited so long to do so. If you want your child to be willing to do anything to achieve, then bring her here.

I don't know what school the previous parent review is referring to but it can't be Lorne. Teachers are willing to meet in person or speak on phone depending on who you have. However the best way to communicate with them is by email and will set up a time to meet in person that way. The principal is a great leader who truly has an open door policy. To say that he is intimidated makes no sense since he actively runs to the school unlike some who work behind their desk. You will not find better parent involvement at any school anywhere. The PTA is extremely active and the President not only has a son in college who used to attend Lorne but has a little girl who STILL attends. The rest of the PTA board members all have kids who attend and are very active with fiund raising and working with the school and the staff. Perhaps if the previous reviewer was actually involved with the PTA or with the school instead of posting baseless and false reviews they would know that. The school playground is mostly blacktop but there is ample shaded area and a huge grass area at the center of the school. If you want a school that works as a true partner with you for your child this is it.

The parent who posted the negative comment was only on campus once to register her kindergartener. Why was she here if our, school is so bad? Our office ladies are so accommodating and would do anything for our students and faculty. They also are so supportive of all of our MANY parent volunteers.

Lorne St/Lorne Magnet is the best school my child has ever attended...He is new to 5th grade, able to enjoy his new environment, friends, and loving it! Lorne has the best academic, music, and leadership programs taught by compassionate and excellent teachers/mentors. He will be talking about Mr Carver for many years to come... Kudos to the school's PTA, faculty, staffs, and Mr. Merritt for a job well done. Best decision I have ever made!.

THIS SCHOOL IS GREAT , MY SON LOVES HIS TEACHER,SHE IS SO HELPFUL , ENJOYING THE FREE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM

Last modified Lorne Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.