PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 15, 2016
We are so happy at First Pres. We moved our son there for second grade and have been so thrilled with it in every way. It's academically challenging, his classroom size is small (his second grade has about 24), and there's a real sense of community and parent involvement that was missing from our previous school. This is a hidden gem!

Posted November 03, 2014
My family has been part of First Pres Weekday School since 2006 when my eldest daughter was in the toddler room. She is now in 5th grade. I can't say enough about this school. The teachers and staff are amazing educators who love all the children so dearly. I am so blessed to have found a school where not only are my children receiving an amazing academic education, but they are doing so in a safe and loving environment. Both my daughters have said that their school feels like home. What can be better than that?

Posted October 07, 2014
I am so thankful I found this school! My daughter now in 5th, started there in Kindergarten and I could not be happier with the wonderful teachers and staff. I definitely feel my daughter will be ready both academically and socially for middle school.

Posted June 24, 2014
We have been a family at First Pres for over 5 years now and we couldn't be happier with our childrens success and growth. The teachers focus on the whole child and developing people ready to be good community members and well rounded, God loving individuals. The school community is composed of families that work hard to lovingly support the chidlren at First Pres.

Posted June 12, 2014
This school has been wonderful for our family. We had 3 children in the school beginning in preschool and have 1 still there. First Pres prepared our older two children well for middle school academically and socially. First Pres provides a very caring, supportive environment in which to grow and learn. The school allowed for strong learning in not only traditional academic subjects, but in areas such as music, computers, drama and foreign language all in a Christian environment. Our children also developed great friendships with their classmates. Teachers and Administration have always been very supportive of our children and their development. We think of the school as a family and would recommend it to everyone!

Posted February 25, 2013
We have had our children at this school for the last 7 years. My daughter started in the toddler class, went through preschool and is now in elementary here. It has been a wonderful experience! It is a smaller family oriented school. The teachers and staff are loving, warm and accessible. Parents are welcome on campus and in the classroom. There is a great community of good families. The school does not tolerate bullying and the kids are encouraged to be kind and supportive of each other. They are educated mentally, spiritually, and physically. There are many after school programs my kids love - art class, karate, and dance, etc. I can't say enough good things about First Pres. I feel they will be well prepared for middle school. It saddens me to see negative reviews, but I guess everyone has their own experience. Ours has been wonderful.

First Presbyterian Weekday School 1

Posted November 13, 2012
Our son attended this school for two years and were extremely happy to remove him. Low end education and poor facilities make me question the future of this school. After attended several meetings with administrators I now understand the disfunction of this school. Do yourself and children a favor and avoid this school

First Presbyterian Weekday School 2

Posted March 22, 2012
I did not feel the sense of community like I do with other schools. Usually at other schools, other mothers go out of their way to make you and your child feel welcome. Most mothers kept to themselves. I also think that it does not do a good job of blending children with different personalities. My child is very boisterous, confident, active and energetic. I found that their class did not encourage children who have the same personality as my child. The class lacked being dynamic and lively.

Posted February 19, 2012
My daughter attends this school and we couldn't be happier. She wakes up every morning eager to start school. The staff is very friendly (I was shocked that other reviews stated otherwise) and always are open to answer any questions and concerns that I may have. I couldn't ask for a better learning environment for my daughter.

Posted February 06, 2012
Our son started at this school when he was 2 years old in a toddler/ mommy and me class and is now in kindergarten. We are so happy with the education and care he is receiving at First Press Weekday School. I am so happy our family found such a perfect place for our son to grow and become the well rounded little boy he is. The teachers are amazing, they offer karate, soccer, dance, art, spanish, bible study, music, and so much more. Most of which is all included in the tuition. I have done my research on other private Christian schools and this one has just as much and more to offer than most and still has a lower cost for tuition. Our daughter is just starting school now also and we are so blessed to have a place our kids can go to that is just as loving, safe and warm as home.

First Presbyterian Weekday School
10400 Zelzah Avenue, Northridge, CA  91326
Last modified First Presbyterian Weekday School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5