368 students|Nuview Union

Bad
Good

I, in my words, hate this school. The principal sweeps stuff under the rug and does nothing, if he has dirt on you, forget about anything. He holds a grudge against you. Which is what happened to me. The staff is scary, and the counselor there made a rude remark to my mom on the phone. If there is any advice to give to kids going to middle school... TRY TO NOT GET INTO THIS ONE. Believe me.

This is by far the best public school in this area. The staff has been courteous and proffesional and the entire environment has been almost a relief from the chaos found at other schools.From the efficient way that the morning/afternoon traffic flow (actually done right) to the behavior of the students. Great bunch of kids.Rarely does someone 'act out' .And for the first time ,teachers who actually care about the students.They have actual conversations /discusions and kids opinions are listened to.When the principal actully takes your call and takes time to efficiantly attend to a concern it is greatly appreciated. Oh, did I say we like it there?

well i like the school no matter what anyone says it may not be the richest school but it doesn't matter because some teachers are good some are bad but isn't it like that everywhere. As for food.......it could be better

The teachers are dont discipline the students and there is no school activies going on in this school! This school is very poor and the school lunch is not very good tasting!! Dont go here.

personally it was a good school,i went there last and unfortunantley didnt not pass the 8th grade they rarely do anything to help the student and the principal does nothing about it

Last year, I went to school there and I thought it was a great school. I really felt like I was getting a good education and all my teachers were really helpful and taught really good.

The schools answer to behavior isn't counseling or help, it's suspensions. The school is poorly run, lacks real leadership and understanding of those student they are there to educate!

This school is not a recomended school I attended i didnt not like it the kids can get away with mostly anything i would know. The teachers were not very helpful and i struggled with keeping up the whole year i have always been honor role and that school didnt do me anygood.

My son started in 7th grade (last semester) and made Honor Roll. There have been a few issues, like getting him into the right classrooms, he was with slow learners, and was bored.. now he is in at the right level. The teachers are on top of any problems, and I have access to his progress, on line - excellent, no excuse not to know how he's progressing. So far, I am pleased. As I single parent I need all the help I can get. My son knows his education is important and trys to do his best in school and at home.... Lets see what the next semester brings.

I agree, sometimes as parents we have to skip the principal when there is a problem and go straight to the superintendent, because, (not to be disrespectful) he fails to solve conflict effectively. Teachers do their best, but they can only do so much at a school where there's lack of leadership. There's no fair (or any) discipline system, kids get away with pretty much anything they want if they know what strings to pull, and they brag about these things after school. Sadly, this school has been really a disappointment for our family.

Last modified Mountain Shadows Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.