557 students|Nuview Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
I'm grateful for several teachers at my son's school. His 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Keithley, for having high but appropriate expectations of her students allowing them to rise to them thus raising there self-esteem. My sons 2nd grade teacher Mr. Schaeffer for going above & beyond looking for educational opportunities & fun experiences that other wise our students wouldn't be privileged to enjoy. My son's 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Benitez for seeing each student as the individuals they are and offering intervention strategies to them which leads to growth by leaps and bounds giving those students the advantage they'd lost along the way. These teachers realize our students come from low-income families so they try their best to provide them with life experiences such as zoo trips, classroom technology and one-on-one assistance so that they realize their full potential. These teachers are awesome and I'm thankful and grateful my son had all three of them. They have enriched both our lives.

Posted December 09, 2015
The teachers are always welcoming to my desire to volunteer and they are always looking to enhance our students lives.

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
I am very pleased with the changes that were made to Valley View over the summer. When we went to the school on Monday August 19th we saw that the chain link fencing was gone and a more structural fence was in place, Thank you for placing this fence in to help protect our children. I also like that we now have to go through the office to go on campus, this is also an added measure for our children Thank you for adding these safety measures. I would like to see more after school activities for the children, dance, gymnastics or even cheer camps, could we get something of this offered by the high school girls to help pay for their needs during the year? I think that the Pre-School area should have the same kind of fencing that was placed for the main school area. Even though they have a fairly good fence I think they need the same kind of fence. Thank you, Valley View

Posted October 02, 2012
Great school awesome teachers my oldest has gone there from kindergarten thru 4th grade, has had super CST scores

Posted October 25, 2010
I Love this school. Every Teacher is just great with the kids. They all genuinely care about all the children and they do what it takes to help them succeed.

Posted August 26, 2008
I'm a former student/student council president that graduated in 2005 although i have never met this new principle. i only have wonderful things to say about valley view. i am now in high school and the same lessons i learned at valley view keep me ahead of the pack. so even if their are problems remember that the students their still get world class education. even though my school is heavily funded the teachers still have to buy everything and don't have the same passion for teaching as those at valley view. A+ for you valley view

Posted January 08, 2008
The new principal is a breath of fresh air; his 'hands on' approach is exactly what Valley View needs. I feel confident that he will address the poor communication that stems from the office staff and I hope that the teachers aren't so set in their ways that they will keep an open mind towards his ideas on how to turn Valley View around to make it the all-around top notch school that it can be. It's not going to happen overnight, but with the cooperation and support of the staff and parents - it will happen.

Posted November 29, 2007
Very impressive school. The new principal has instilled a sense of direction across each grade level. I am sure the state test scores will soon reflect the positive change of leadership. My kids love going to this school!

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2007
All of my experiences with the the teachers have been great and I feel that I am doing the best thing by sending my children to Valley View.

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2007
As someon who worked there I can tell you the school needs quality leadership. It starts at the top folks, and trickles down. The reason they get the scores they do is because instead of focusing on education they focus on making the student valid State test subjects. When it comes down to it, Valley View students fail miserably at education but do well at State tests. Blame the adminstrator's lack of efficiency for this. They consider the student's numbers instead of kids.

21220 Maurice Street, Nuevo, CA  92567-9010
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top