Posted September 01, 2014
Excellent. Much better academically than the nearby school that is stealing students from YHS. I went there for a year and spent the year surfing the internet and watch Youtube. And I made straight A's. YHS has great teachers, great arts and a fun environment. I am ready to go to a UC college next year.

Posted September 06, 2013
I'm proud that my child goes to YHS. It's an academically strong school and the new principal has high expectations for growth and excellence. The teachers are equipped and challenging the students. As a parent its very important to have my child be ready for college, and that means there will be homework to further the learning. There seems to be a renewal of pride in our community for the Badgers, but we need to support our youth, the teachers and staff. We do have another choice, but we chose YHS because of the long history of outstanding education.

Posted August 15, 2013
This schools offers many programs and excellent academics for the motivated student. It just hired a new principal and he seems much stronger than the previous weak one they had. I think it's a good school and headed in a better direction.

Yosemite High School 1

Posted January 20, 2011
I am a graduate of Yosemite High school and I have a child that is a Senior at Yosemite High and truly want to say that this school has really gone down hill throughout the years. In 4 years of my child going to Yosemite, I have NEVER gotten one phone call from any teacher, staff or Counselor from the school to touch base or see how she is doing. The staff is truly poor. The one meeting that I did personally schedule with her counselor, the counselor didn't know that he even had my daughter on his list of students. My child gets up in the morning at 5:30 to catch a bus at 6:30am so she can get to school at 7:30 am to start school at 8am. When she played sports, she would not get home from Oakhurst until almost 6pm at night. Then she had 2 hours of homework a night. It is a horrible situation. Now they are denying parents to transfer their children to another school that is within 7 minutes from their residence because they need the money from this District. Truly a dissapointing school. It has really gone downhill. And I would not recommend this school to anyone moving into the area. But you may not have a choice.

Yosemite High School 0

Posted October 02, 2009
Because it is located int he beautiful sierra mountains.The teachers always had such a fun spirit about teaching and life. Being located in such a snmall town, extra funds would be so pleasing to all the current students and faculty!

Posted August 18, 2009
We transferred our freshman boy from Clovis West High School where he was having severe emotional problems and an inability to mesh in that overly competitive atmosphere that gave preference to athletes over others. Immediately we saw a 180 degree change in his emotions, attitude, grades improved and he was just a happy kid. Counselors are genuinely concerned for students; we bumped into our sons counselor at the grocery store and she could recite chapter and verse how he was doing and was able to discuss his progress at length. That's real caring!! I cannot say enough good about Yosemite High School and the staff and faculty. Tops! The best kept secret in California education.

Yosemite High School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
This high school needs to embrace the parents of its students and allow for parental interaction and support. The administration and staff need to recognize that students of today learn differently than 10 years ago, even 5 years ago. They learn from various modes and interactively. Look at YHS test scores...over half of the student body is not performing on grade level. Something needs to change!

Posted September 14, 2008

Yosemite High School 3

Posted January 24, 2008

Yosemite High School
50200 Road 427, Oakhurst, CA  93644
Last modified Yosemite High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yosemite High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top