Bad
Good

The authoritarian figure is very condencending, abrasive, short and poor mannered in terms of being helpful towards parents and children integrating into the school and utilizing resources. This said authorative figure is the reason after 2 years ago I was completely dis-impressed with this school and decided I were to homeschool and not continue this school, as I would not my children to be led by this type of character. Not anything in particular sparked this as far as any event, but the sheer personality of this said person was astonishing. Apparently after talking to other reasonable parents, I'm not the only person who concluded this. It's a shame because we are a very nice family who would have been a pleasure to be around for them.

This school is all for the kids which i love, and it is very kept up. Love the teachers and the ladies in the office all with good attitude and spirit.

In dealing with OES over the past two years, my satisfaction with them has drastically diminished. Last year, when my son was in Kindergarten, I could not have been more pleased. His teacher was amazing and I was so proud to help in the class and watch you at work with 30+ kids. This year the experience has done a complete flip. The teacher seems annoyed and uncaring towards my child and his struggles with work and the social aspect. I have approached her and the principal both and have been met with nothing but blame on my child, not a single resolution to help the problems be dealt with. the last review stated it quite well "If you have a constructive complaint, it is usually met with defensive attitude from the administration" also "Principal is only interested in pacifying parents and does not take parents' concerns seriously." She repeatedly dismisses my concerns and the problems that I have come to her with several times this school year. My child is struggling because of their lack of attention and action on the parents concerns for their child. They are dismissive and don't take responsibility for ANYTHING!! 95% chance we will be changing schools for next year.

OES in a nutshell... Some of the teachers are very caring and involved, some others who are tenured are simply not concerned with doing a good job at all. It is a risk each year since you cannot request that your child be in a specific teacher's class. The District lays off the newer, highly skilled teachers while retaining the unenthusiastic tenured teachers. Disorganized administration. Principal is only interested in pacifying parents and does not take parents' concerns seriously. No attention paid to advanced or special needs children. Emphasis is placed on constant fund raising by parents and children. School's "zero tolerance for bullying" policy is unenforced. If you have a constructive complaint, it is usually met with defensive attitude from the administration. All that said, SOME of the teachers are wonderful, but you never know who your kid will be getting each year.

The only thing that makes this school good is the teachers and the parents. The school is in bad disrepair, the kids are not allowed to drink the water due to contamination, the administration scream at the kids, and when real discipline issues come up the principal does nothing. The school board seems to care more about money and personal gain than the kids, with the exception of one. This school is mismanaged, and boarding on being negligent to the children s needs in my opinion. We will be moving next month and I can t wait to get out of this school district. The teachers however are some of the most kind, caring people I have ever known.

Our principal has a clear, positive direction in leadership, and the teachers are excellent. The kids get to visit historical landmarks from Fresno Flats to Yosemite, and 4th and 5th grade students with qualifying marks get to ski in the winter! Parents are very involved with the PTC, and there are volunteer appreciation lunches as well as teacher appreciation events. The school is safe and new buildings and equipment are being added soon. We are new to the area, and our daughter made a terrific transition. We think OES is the best!

Last modified Oakhurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.