Posted September 24, 2013
I have been a part of the ACA family for the past 3 years. I like that the school is very small and intimate. All teachers get to know ALL students on a first name basis. The staff prays over and with the students daily. My child is very knowledeable about the bible and it's content. Academically my child is excelling, I oftentimes wonder if he is not being challenged enough. However, it is hard for me to determine that as the homework is usually just a bible verse. There are sports but sometimes the communication is delayed. I have a hard time with the fact that the school doesn't offer a computer class. Now days in public school kids are being introduced to computers as early as kindergarten. I love the preschool, the children are very advanced. The 3 year olds can tie their shoes. In kindergarten they are able to read very well. Only thing about the preschool I don't like is their playground, it needs some TLC. Overall I like the school. The price is affordable, the hours are great, no minimum days, minimal holidays. But the follow up by the prinicpal isn't there and commuinication isn' t great. No newsletters just a white board that announcements are posted on.

Acts Christian Academy 2

Posted September 21, 2011
I really wish I could give the school higher ratings. I will say that for pre-school to 3rd grade the curriculum and foundation that the students recieve is excellent !!! Nepotism is rampant at this school, and it appears that if you are a family member then you are eligible to be a teacher, even withouth credentials and previous experiance. The turnover rate for non family member teachers is extremeley high. I feel that the school begins to fail the students once they advance to middle school level.There is no school library and the children have rarely taken trips to the locatl library. There are no computer claseses for the students, and there is no online access for parents or students to access and communicate with staff and the administration. To end on a positive note. I know without a doubt that if my child had been in purblic school they would have never recieved the love and attention they recieve from Acts Christian Acadeny. I know the principal and admisnistration pray over our babies, and I thank God for that. The school hours are wonderful also 6:30 - 6:000pm.

Posted June 28, 2011
My daughter attends preschool at ACA and I can not imagine sending her anywhere else for K-8th grade, I'm hoping that by the time she gets to high school ACA will have expanded. Since enrolling my daughter in ACA she has become better behaved. She is only 3 and can recite bible verses and actually understands what they mean. The curriculum is excellent. The teachers are very loving and understanding. I love the small class sizes and the fact that the principal, teachers, and staff are familiar with each individual child. In comparsion to other children I know who do not attend Acts my daughter is extremely advanced.

Posted December 11, 2009
good discipline and caring

Posted August 12, 2009

Acts Christian Academy 4

Posted June 29, 2009

Acts Christian Academy 1

Posted February 06, 2009
My child has attented ACA for 2 years. ACA is not what I expected. Because the school staff is so family oriented, some of the children and staff are not treated fairly. Private school teachers do not have to have the same teaching creditentials as public schools and it shows. My child will not be attending ACA next year. I would not recommend ACA to anyone.

Posted February 01, 2009
I am an alumnus of Acts Christian Academy. I believe that the level of 'good behavior' among students has declined. The curriculum is VERY objective and straight forward (mostly of the material can be memorized). The curriculum for the middle school grades needs to be improved in 4 areas ( Foreign Language, Science, computer science, and mathematics) Once your child enters high school they may feel a lack of knowledge concidering many of their counterparts are already studying pre-calculus, have had beginning computer classes, beginner foreign language classes, as well as beginner lab-level science classes. The level of nepotism is ridiculous!..there are way too many family members that attend and work at the school which leaves too much room for 'role conflict' issues. Students often times do not recieve proper punishment for their actions. In All, the elementary level curriculum is great. The middle schol-level curriculum is mediocre.

Acts Christian Academy 0

Posted December 09, 2008
Acts Christian Academy is a wonderful school my son has been there for two years and has excelled each year. But I can't help to notice that the cleanless of the school has gone way down from the class rooms to the halls. The walls need to be painted, the floors in the halls are a mess and don't look like they has been cleaned in months the cafeteria don't look any better the carpets and floors in there are in even a bigger mess the school used to be nice and well maintained but now it seems to not matter what it looks like.

Posted September 01, 2008
My son has been a student since preschool and he is now in 5th grade. As far as academic Acts Christian Academy is excellent and students score high on tests. Since the school head coach left, the sporting department has been falling apart. The parents who volunteer their time to keep sporting department going are doing their best and I appreciate their effort. The only thing that this school lack is stable administrative staff. The staff are mostly family related and non-related teachers are constantly coming and going. This school need a more diverse and stable staff that are teaching our kids because of their credentials and not because they are a family member. Overall this school is a good school and very family oriented. Most importantly our kids are learning in a safe environment. Our staff will get it together and as a parent I support their effort.

Acts Christian Academy
1034 66th Avenue, Oakland, CA  94621
Last modified Acts Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Acts Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.