Posted September 10, 2012
EC Reems definitely surprised me. Despite the location of the school and the limited resources, I am very pleased with the education my daughter is receiving thus far. Her teacher is a UC Berkeley graduate. My daughter is writing both her first and last name along with the date within the first two weeks of school. The staff cares about the children and I feel good about the choice I made sending her there.

Posted August 16, 2012
E. C. Reems Academy is a great school. The teachers, admin and office staff bring a great diversity to the school. I like the fact that they are a small school and care for the chldren. The majority of the children leave E C Rems and go on to better high schools and to college. One thing I learned there is that we all may not agree but the best interest of the kids are at hand. This is the village that the community need. The staff is hands on with loving care.

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art 0

Posted September 29, 2010
E C Reems Academy is a great school. The teachers are professional and genuinely care about my grandchildren. My older grandchildren graduated from Reems Academy, attended the better high schools in and around Oakland and are now seniors in college. Reems Academy provided the foundation to succeed in life.

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art 3

Posted August 26, 2009
This school really has the potential to be a wonderful school, however, too many things are left in the wrong hands. While my child has received an acceptable level of education, the level of professionalism the children have to endure with certain staff is far below acceptable. I feel for the level of potential that the school has and the number of willing parents to help out, this school could be one of the best in Oakland if not the best. With the right people relieved of certain duties this school could be awesome. My vote let secretaries be secretaries and teachers be teachers and if their are other things that need to be taken care of maybe the outsource of actual 'qualified' personnel would better serve the students.

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art 5

Posted August 19, 2009
I am happy that I picked this school because my boys learned more challenging subjects that they thought they could not challenge. With the teachers help they had made it through with couple of months stay, my boys had given me a 3.6 and a 3.8 gpa. I was very please. Admins, teachers are wonderful here in this school. Please continue your communications with parents and students...thank you..

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art 0

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted December 18, 2007
My son started 4th grade at E.C. Reems after being in a private christian school since kindergarten. I came to find out that private tuition-collecting schools do not necessarily offer the best education. My son was found to be behind academically when he started E.C. Reems and while he continues to struggle a bit to catch all the things he has missed, his teacher has been so patient and helpful while still being firm and keeping high expectations for him. The staff and administrators are wonderful. This school is definately a beacon of light in an underserved area with children who are at-risk of not thriving simply due to their surroundings.

Posted July 20, 2007
I think that this school is great academically. The teachers are really good; the curriculum is great and the principal is obviously very passionate about the kids. I do have a huge problem with their administrative office practices. But I think that is a small thing when measured against the great things they accomplish academically.

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art 5

Posted April 11, 2006
I am very pleased with Reems Academy. My son is in the 6th Grade and doing very well. I love the small class size and how well the teachers and staff get to know the students.

Posted January 01, 2005
This is a wonderful school. The principal and vice principal are ex-teachers themselves and really understand how to teach. The teachers are wonderful . Full of ideas and wonderful with the students. I highly recommend this school for k thru 5th grade.

Contact Information

8425 Macarthur Boulevard
Oakland, CA 94605

School website

Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art
8425 Macarthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA  94605
Last modified Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art is a charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reems (Ernestine C.) Academy Of Technology And Art Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.