Bad
Good

Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE) is a great school. Its mostly youth ran which gives students that go there a chance to make the school go the way they want it to go. Going to BASE I've experienced planning community projects for the school including a Relationship Conference and a College Fair. BASE has great dedicated teachers and small class sizes that make learning seem more attractive.

As a parent of a child diagnosed with ADHD, I highly recommend Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE) for students with ADD, ADHD and other special needs. These students often require extra support and individual attention from teaching staff in order to succeed. BASE is the only school that my child has attended that has been able to come close to meeting this need. BASE has helped my child achieve grades that reflect his consistently high test scores while still maintaining the same academic rigor that can be found at other local high schools. The teaching staff are phenomenal. Their dedication and genuine concern for the success and well being of their students shows in everything they do. As a parent, I really appreciate that the teachers actually take time to communicate and discuss issues proactively before they become an irreversible problem. The bottom line is that BASE is an amazing school that has enabled my extremely bright child to finally succeed. I highly recommend BASE high school!

I am a junior at Alternatives in Action's Bay Area School of Enterprise (BASE). I have learned a lot and my teachers are really helpful. They have helped me to understand the steps that it will take for me to meet my A-G requirements and apply to college.

The things I love about BASE are that we all get along and our teachers are so supportive. They take the time to help us out whenever we have a hard time in our classes or even outside of school. Here we see each other more like family. Our community is amazing. I like that the class sizes are pretty small because that way we can concentrate better and have more one-on-one time with our teachers. BASE has taught me many skills that will help me in the future. I've become more responsible since I came here.

After 8 years at its current location on Alameda Point, the Bay Area School of Enterprise(BASE) will start the 2008-2009 school year at a new school site. Check out their website for more information, www.alternativesinaction.org . I'm excited because the new home for BASE means expanded programming for the high school youth! BASE will be co-located with other youth serving organizations like the Regional Occupational Program (ROP) and the Alameda Boys and Girls Club. Being right across the street from the College of Alameda doesn't hurt either. Congratulations BASE!

Last modified Bay Area School Of Enterprise is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12